• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. 2002 Heater Core Replacement Guide

Original Poster: Dave18 Difficulty: 5 out of 10 Time to install: 8 hours Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the...
  2. roadkill25

2002 3.0 ranger timing issue i think?

So recently my 3.0 has been doing something weird that I believe has something to do with the timing. She's been running alright when cold but once it warms up and you start driving it she loses power and fuel makes it way into the exhuast. I've gone through pretty much everything at this point...
  3. roadkill25

Engine knocking type noise

So I've got a 02 3.0 and it's started making this noise knocking type noise. I've looked at the rocker arms and I've recently done the rod bearings as well as the exhuast manifold gaskets. The noise seems to echo out the exhaust which I find very odd because it doesn't sound very loud under the...
  4. PapaBear

Hello from Ventura, CA!

Saturday, this 1.5 owner California-rust-free, 159k, 2002 XLT Supercab with smooth-running 2.3l 5spd beaut made a 350-mile drive home… interesting. ABS light came on when accelerating to pass The temp gauge decided to just languish at the bottom. 😬 After the third top-off of the tank, the...
  5. 2002 3.0 Ranger rough idle no codes

So ive read through multiple forums and done some research and haven’t been able to figure out whats going on. I have a 2002 ranger edge 3.0. The truck is idle on average 750 bug dips to high 500s and mid 800s as ive seen from when i plugged in my scanner. The idle just kind of tumbles when its...
  6. roadkill25

3.0 running bad

My 02 3.0 is running bad, almost sounds like it's missing firing or not running on one cylinder and it back fires quite a bit. I've replaced the spark plugs wires fuel filter IAC and the downstream o2 sensor. The fuel pumps working fine and I'm at a loss. It's throwing a code but can't read it...
  7. Jonny Jekyll

2002 XLT 4.0 SOHC Throttle Position Sensor Test/Mod

I want to retest my TPS to make sure it's at 96v, I've done it before but I can't remember which terminals go where. And if you need a ground or which setting to use for the volt meter. I can't find thread which has the pictures of how to use the volt meter with it. Is there anyone out there who...
  8. Always a hard start after fueling.

Hi all. My first post here, I'm going to jump right into the problem. Had this 2002 for more than a year, and every single time I refuel, no matter how much gas I put in, the first time I turn the key, it fails to start the engine. One time early on I blew a vacuum line (near firewall, drivers...
  9. Edgefevah

Double checking

Hey guys/gals. I went ahead and read the tech library posting about swapping a 7.5 for a 8.8. But just to make doubly sure I am understanding right. Will a 8.8 from a 2007 ford ranger FX4 fit in my 2002 Ford ranger edge? I have a auto,3.0L,2wd. From what I understand from the article is that...
  10. dome light/ key pad

Well this is on a 2002 explorer Eddie, 4.0. The dome light stays on for 20 mins after you shut off the truck. At around the same time this started the keyless entry key pad stopped working as well. It almost seems like the computer thinks the door is open not letting the dome light go out. Also...
  11. Newbie help with rear axle replacement

Can someone point me in the direction of some help?! I have a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD with a 7.5" 3.73 open rear axle. I am trying to figure out if I can replace it with a Limited Slip rear axle. and, how to tell the auto wrecker folks what I am looking for. I realize that this is probably...
  12. Will 2006 front bumper fit a 2002?

Hi, I am new to the site and I was wondering if the front bumper from an 06 Ranger would fit a 2002? I know with F150's 04-05s have a different mounting set-up than 06-08s and are not compatable, but they are all still the same generation/body-style. Thanks for any help, quick replies would be...
  13. '02 Explorer buckets in a '98 extended Ranger

I've been wanting to replace my 60/40 bench for a while now. I read that 2001 Explorer seats are bolt in, but I got a deal on these 2002 Explorer seats ($20 for both seats!). I don't like power seats, and my interior is grey - so these seats couldn't be better... except I'm clueless and don't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad