• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Praytell

Cold and hot start issues

1999 ranger that I bought two years ago to learn the DIY basics. Turns over great, new battery, spark plugs and leads, cleaned the air flow sensor, but still have intermittent starting issues, maybe one time out of seven. Some times cold start, some times running hot (like when I stop for gas...
  2. VampishRogue77

Four Wheel Drive

I have a 99 ranger which recently lost four wheel drive due to the vacuum system not working as it should. I just tried to bypass the whole system by just locking the hubs. However, after doing this, while in four wheel drive even with the hubs locked after a couple minutes and I let off the gas...
  3. 99 3.0L Ranger Temp Gauage sending unit.....

Hello. I am looking to clear something up on my 1999 Ford ranger XLT 3.0L Gas Engine. The temprature gauage in my truck is not working. So after investigation I am of the understanding that there are 2 parts. (1) the ECT Cooling Sensor for the computer and the Temp Gauage Sender(not sensor) for...
  4. 1999 Mazda B2500 SE--worth it?

Hi Ranger Experts, I'm considering purchasing a '99 Mazda B2500 SE 2D for $3,500. Manual transmission, 87,000 miles, no rust, in great aesthetic condition. What worries me is that according to the TRS buyers' guide, 1999 is a really bad year for recalls/general problems for the Ranger. And...
  5. 1999 for ranger 2wd 2.5 manual to v8 swap what do i need and tips

Hey guys irish_ here new to this forum and I'm hoping that maybe yall could shed some light on the topic for me I have a 99 2.5l manual ranger that I want to swap to a v8 I was wonder what should be my donor vehicle and what am I going to need from it and how exactly I should go about doing it I...
  6. 99 B4000 Rear Cross Member

Hi All, I have a 1999 Mazda B4000 ext cab (1999 Ranger 4.0). The rear cross member that goes frame to frame at the back of the fuel tank is rotted out. I need to order a replacement so I can fix, but I don't know what part I need exactly. Can anyone help out? Thank!
  7. 99 2.5L, rough idol and misfiring during acceleration and driving

This problem has been around since I bought my Ranger, but it also comes and goes, so I always end up forgetting about it but now it seems like it’s back and is going to stay. When it first started misfiring, I replaced the MAF sensor, air filter, plugs and plug wires, and it ran perfectly...
  8. Mataroa

Would like some help identifying a component in engine compartment.

Hello there! I bought a (well) used '99 Ranger in Sept. of 2016, and have been replacing parts as I've gone along. Unfortunately, something new has gone awry and it has me stumped. The truck's been running a bit rough lately. A la, chugging at stops, including rocking of the engine and the...
  9. Five

Bumper Fix

The front bumper of my 99 ranger xlt is bent, and i'm looking for a cheap or diy fix, not a cheapskate but parts are expensive and I can do it myself I will. I've wanted a custom from bumper for it but never knew where to look for one, that being the alternative to fixing it or diy fix it till I...
  10. Ranger Flatbed

I Built this in February as my regular beds front cross member was rotted out. Figured I would get more use out of a flatbed. Around $700 later, I have myself a new bed. Comes in handy around the farm. Thanks for looking.
  11. 1999 Ranger P0453

My 99 Ranger has had the CEL on, tried new gas, tightened gas cap...the simple stuff. Went to AutoZone to find out it was a p0453. They told me the part is $84.99, it's an FTPS2 - they said it would take a few days to get to the store. I have limited knowledge of this sort of repair. I've...
  12. '99 Ranger 4.0 Air Won't Kick On unless wiring a jump

Ok here is the deal. I have completely ran out of ideas. So last year my air worked just fine, ok. This year I turn the A/C on from inside the truck and, well nothing. We get the auto kick on and off of the compressor when you start the truck, but that is it. So we have tried jumping the...
  13. 5r55e transmission

Well let's start for the beginning I was driving home from work one day and I get on the interstate and it work shift into overdrive the the o\d light starts flashing I continue to drive it home about 20 miles. By the time I get home I barley make it into the driveway just stops no gears at all...
  14. 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4 Door Extended Cab

I have a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4 Door Extended Cab 4wd and I'm looking to buy new speakers for it. an audio shop near me told me the speaker size is 6x9" but other sites have said 6x8" please let me know ASAP
  15. 98-99 4wd wheel bearings

I've looked over the forums, and tech articles and cant seem to find the answer to my question. So if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I have a 99 4.0 4wd xlt, it has pvh hubs, the bearings in the wheel assembly are going out, my question is: Can I replace...
  16. koths211

99 ranger trans problem

so I put a new trans in my 99 ranger. everything went together pretty good and fluid is full....or so the dipstick says..( checked w/engine running) put truck into gear and nothing... pulled the 2 lines off that run to the trans cooler... not pumping... I did fill the TC before the trans...
  17. koths211

99 ranger transmission issue

so I have a 99 ranger xlt 2wd ext cab auto trans 3.0 engine putting a different trans in the truck. TC went in transmission first and clicked in 2 times. put trans up to engine...everything lined up... put 1 bolt on either side of trans. ( where the alignment pins are on the block) i turn...
  18. 99 2wd 3.0 awaiting a 4.0 4x4 frame swap!

Just my 99 2wd 3.0 updated big drum 8.8 ranger axle with 4.10s, 31's, on steel wagon wheels, body lift, nice headlights and tinted lenses all around custom rack and bumper, Lund fiberglass add ons, custom CAI, gearing up for a 4.0 4x4 frame swap from a wreaked 2000 I picked up, both are manual...
  19. 1999 tail light conversion

Is it possible to switch out my 99 tail lights for the new style ones? The new ones look a lot better and I am not a fan of the Altezza style lights. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike
  20. 99 Ranger body panels/bumper

Hey all, Does anybody know if any body panels from a 98 Explorer will fit a 99 Ranger? I am mainly curious on the rear bumper. Thanks, Mike

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad