• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. stamina

can someone explain why certain 4.0’s have a MAP sensor?

certain 4.0’s in the junkyard, specifically 1990 and 1991, have a MAP sensor (and the MAF sensor) and a plug for it on the wiring harness. in every picture i see of a 4.0 with the MAP the vacuum line to the sensor is not even hooked up and has a small white piece on it. furthermore, i took the...
  2. Wanted Driver side window

I need the front driver side window for 1990 ranger xlt. I was told one out of a bronco would work too. Anything from between at least 1988 to 1992 would work. I'm located in SC and I can't travel out of state so if it could be shipped or somebody meet me locally that would be great. Money is...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help

Can somebody tell me what this is. I took out my glove box and seen that this was corroded and I have no idea what this is. Do I need to replace this or could I just clean it up with a wire brush?
  4. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 1990 Bii 2.9 FAILED CA SMOG!

Hey there all! I just got back from a failed smog test. As you can see I got a pass on everything except my HC ppm at 15 mph and my NO ppm at both 15 and 25 mph. It has a fresh new o2 sensor and last i checked i had no codes. And they passed me on the OBD system check. I have not replaced the...
  5. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: Transfer case end spraying fluid on undercarriage?

Hey there. 1990 Bii project trying to get to body restore but I'm having 4x4 and apparently transfer case end issue. If you check the attached photo, it appears that I have a leak at what I assume is the rubber piece and it's spraying my undercarriage something fierce. Any idea what the part is...
  6. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 1990 2.9 open port on engine near Oil Sender.

What is this opening on my 2.9? I got down there to clean and change the oil sender unit and noticed there's a deeply recessed port. Not sure if it's the norm and I'm just overreacting but I don't want to run to pick n pull to check without asking first. Any clue what this is and if there should...
  7. 1992redranger

1990 Ford Ranger XLT Pickup 2D 6 ft - Facebook Marketplace

Seems to have been gone through by a mechanic. Memphis, looks like, although the person writing the post doesn't seem to like that detail 👀...
  8. New from Chandler Arizona

Hello from Arizona. I've had several Rangers over the years and recently picked up my newest Ranger. It is a 1990 stripped out 2.3 l 5-speed with over 300,000 miles. I use it as my daily driver.
  9. KasenLeigh90

Are these stock or am i just living in a hole...?

OK! I'm new here, and new to the ranger/ford scene. Usually a GM person, but I do have a soft spot for early '90's and older Ford Pickups, so please be a dick if you must, but lets not drag on shall we. This is my 1990 2.3L Lima. Has the 5spd, no 4wd. Are the steps on the side factory/an extra...
  10. 1992redranger

Wanted In search of: 89–92 Ranger, 2.3L 4CYL, 5 speed manual, 2WD

Hey hey! I got a motor, transmission, and rear end ready to go into a 89-92 Ranger (2.3L 4CYL, 5 speed manual, 2WD). I'm in search of a straight body Ranger (89-92) with these specs with blown engine, bad transmission, etc. Any leads would be much appreciated! Western North Carolina area...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Maybe someone can point me in the right direction

Hi new to the site but have used this in the past to help figure out some things. I’ve got a 90 ranger, 2.3 manual and I’ve got an issue I can’t seem to pin point. It doesn’t happen all the time or at certain times but usually in 4/5 gear at anything over 3000rpms it’s seems to bog down(that’s...
  12. basaraski

1990 Ford Ranger 2.3 Crankshaft Sensor

So I bought this truck over a year ago. Wiring was a mess when I got it. Looks like a rats nest. The truck started stuttering a couple months ago, and completely died the other day. Signs point to the Crank sensor. It'll start, run like crap, and then stumble and stall. I have a question about...
  13. plaligraphy

Bumper delete? 1990

So i saw a ranger with a “bumper delete” of sorts, where would i buy that? Or is that a diy plate and welder thing. I hate using this as an example but eh Thank y’all
  14. plaligraphy

A4LD Port plug question?

What is this plug right above the shift linkage for? Could i possibly use it for my trans temp gauge? Thank you 90’ Ranger A4LD
  15. plaligraphy

Rostra Cruise Install on a 1990 Ranger?

How bad is the install process for the rostra kit? (Link to Rostra Kit) It looks decently simple but I'm not the best with electrical work Thank you!
  16. The $350 Immaculate Bronco II

An introduction to me and my second recently acquired Bronco II- I might have found the greatest deal on any Bronco II, ever. It was purchased in 1990 to be towed behind and RV, and only got about 50,000 of actual road time before I got it a few days ago for $350... with 157k on the odo. It...
  17. 1989 2.9l 4x4 swap to 1990 4.0l thats also had 4x4

So i pulled a 4.0l out of a 90 and grabbed the harness and ECU and believe i grabbed the map sensor since its speed density. What is the rest i need to convert and does my 89 have trans cooler or should i pull that from the donor truck as well, both are auto's and same transmission. So pretty...
  18. 1990 2.3L Ranger Smoking

my 1990 ranger burns white smoke from the rear of the engine after it has ran for awhile. it doesnt smoke or burn while it is running but as soon as i cut the engine off it smokes bad under the hood. its a thick white smoke. anyone have any idea what this could be? oil was low yesterday but i...
  19. Whats up!

Hey everyone, I'm new to your forum (came over from FRF). A few weeks ago I picked up a very clean 1990 Ranger XLT 4x4 5 speed (overdrive) with a 2.9L v6. My dad had one just like it when I was growing up, so when I found this baby on craigslist... I just had to have it. With this crappy...
  20. Cab gets hot

I have a 1990 ranger V6 2.9L. The cab gets particularly hot in the summer, and it feels as though heat is coming from the tranny housing under the gear shifters. I'm being told it could be my exhaust manifold, and to get it checked. My exhaust was done a year ago, and it always passes air...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad