• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Help with my ranger build.

Okay, so im 16 my brother left for college and gave me his 89 ranger xlt. I want to turn it into something for overland type stuff that i can sleep in the back at night but also want clearence for some trails but nothing to crazy. I dont know where to start lift wise, i dont need huge amounts of...
  2. No power when in gear

So rebuild top end. Drove fine other than stalling while in gear and stopped. Drove it probably 25 miles like that. Accidentally broke distributor so got a new one, installed it, and set the timing 10 btdc with spout unplugged. Ok so now it will run good and rev up fine with spout unplugged but...
  3. koths211

89 ranger black smoke

Here's what I got. 89 ranger xlt ext cab 2.9 4x4 automatic Here's what's new...or rebuilt... Rebuilt engine. Less thank 500 miles Rebuilt trans & t-case New injectors New map sensor New 02 sensor New fuel pump New radiator Cat cut off Most sensors are new...I've done so much to it that I...
  4. custom ranger parts

hello just showing off some items ive made for my truck its an 1989 ranger xlt v6 wih a 5 speed 2wd.1st is an exhaust tip i welded up from old parts from my f350 and a after market shift boot and gauges also have a cai,throttle body spacer,port and polished upper and lower intake.exhaust is 2...
  5. 89 2.3 clutch line wont connect

i just got done installing new slave and master cylinders in my 98 2.3 2wd ranger and i can not for the life of me get the old clutch line to connect with the new slave. the old slave had a shiny blackish female connector, the old line has a black male connector. the new slave has black...
  6. Electrical issues 1989 2WD 2.9L

hey guys, i have a truck that is pretty rough the past few days and last night it just died driving down the road. Its a 1989 ranger 2.9L 2wd and its in pretty good shape. when i hook up the battery some lights flicker on/off and sounds like relays are clicking with the key out of the...
  7. SierraCanine

The "Pup" Truck

A little history first; she was built in 1989 and has never left sunny California. was retired at roughly 110,000 miles from the park service to a farm in the valley, the guy never used or registered her so my dad picked her up for a commute car until I bought it from him for work and school...
  8. How can I pull the most HP out of my stock 2.9?

I have an 89 B2 that is pretty much bone stock other then a home made cold air intake. What are some easy upgrades to suck more HP out of it. I heard that performance plugs, bigger plug wires and a nice coil help some. Thanks.
  9. speedometer hookup?

Hi i have an 89 ranger that im finishing up a 5.0 t5 swap on from an 84 mustang. I was wondering if anyone knew what i needed. i have a hole in the side of the tranny and the cable that came with the truck what peices am i missing? thanks
  10. speaker radio diagram?

hello i have a 1989 ranger that has no radio or radio wires i want to try and put one in does anyone have a wiring diagram for the peakers and radio? the plug is till there but there are no wires to the speaker?
  11. msd wiring problems!!

i need help with wiring my 89 ranger which im currently in the middle off swapping an 84 carb 5.0 im using an msd 6200 ignition module. i need to know where i hook the the small red wire up to the ranger so i can start it up thanks:icon_confused:
  12. 89 5.0 swap durspark II wiring from key??

i have an 89 ranger xlt that im currently swapping a 84 5.0 carb mustang motor into it has a duraspark II ignition sytem and i need help wiring it all up so any help would be great but i need from the key to the ignition module, starter solienoid ect.. the whole deal thanks...
  13. putting amp under seat?

im running out of room for audio equipment im my 1989 regular cab ranger, i currently have 2 6x9's behind the seat and i am putting a 10" shallow mount sub with custom enclosure. one idea for amp placement that i had was to mount it under my seat. i still have the stock bench seat in my truck. i...
  14. amp under seat?

im running out of room for audio equipment im my 1989 regular cab ranger, i currently have 2 6x9's behind the seat and i am putting a 10" shallow mount sub with custom enclosure. one idea for amp placement that i had was to mount it under my seat. i still have the stock bench seat in my truck. i...
  15. 1989 ranger front fender

it got too dark out for me to do much of anything with a few dents in the front fenders.. i found 4 screws under the hood, and 3 in the tire well, does anyone know if I need to pull the headlights for more?
  16. using 4x4 on 1989 ranger?

I just bought my first 4x4 my ranger is a automatic has the shifter for the transfer case, not buttons on dash... and it looks like I have the kind where you need to lock the hubs... When I bought my ranger the manual didn't show what position is what.. and the original shifter handle has been...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad