• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Intake gaskets on '92 4.0, is silicone OK ??

OK guys, I've got the old Ranger mill torn apart and spent lots of time cleaning up the lower intake manifold and I have replacement Victor gaskets for both the lower intake and upper. I realize that silicone is used for sealing the front and rear of the lower intake to the block, but is it...
  2. Crazy high fuel pressure (50-60lb) on '02 3L

Guys I was working on my buddy's 2002 3.0L Ranger today, we changed the fuel filter on spec then took it for a ride to see if a hesitation was cured. I think the problem is worse now. I put a gauge on the fuel rail and we're seeing between 50 - 60 psi, and pulling / applying manifold vacuum...
  3. 2WD '92 Supercab - how ugly to swap the steady bearing?

I was just under the truck tonight changing the oil and greasing the U-joints. I notice that the rubber mount of the steady bearing is completely bagged. Shame, 'cause the bearing itself is still fine. Anyway, it looks as if the front driveshaft is splined and the yoke at the centre U-joint...
  4. Extrudehone or other tweaks for 4.0

Hey guys, first post here. I've got a '92 Supercab 5-spd with a 4.0 that's getting tired. I'm thinking of pulling the top end off and freshening a few things up, a good valve job and cleaning up the ports a bit. From what I've read the lower intake doesn't really respond to porting like the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad