• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. OkayKafka

Ranger Rick. 1987 Ranger

Thanks. It’s been a very long time since I’ve worked on the truck. I do still have it. Just been sitting while I’ve been deciding what to do with it. My heart says keep building it. Maybe do some crazy fabrication stuff on it as a way to teach myself. Right now I’m planning on building this...
  2. OkayKafka

2.3l turbo Piston numbers/ sizing?

This is from my 2.3l turbo engine that is likely (from the block code) from an 1984 SVO. I pulled the head off to do some inspections. The pistons and the cylinder walls are surprisingly clean. From the looks of it I don't have to rebuild the lower end. I've just been trying to before I go...
  3. OkayKafka

1987 2.3l Rough idle and sputtering

I got this truck a while back and I've been rehabbing it slowly. I started to work on it and try to get things to run better but in the process I've gotten it to run rough than before. I've replaced my EGR and MAP sensor and cleaned the IAC: but the motor still runs rough and wants to stall...
  4. OkayKafka

Are short shocks needed w/ Beams

The DJM beams use the stock suspension of the truck. You wouldn't want to go with lowering shocks and springs unless you wanted to drop the front end more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. OkayKafka

1987 ranger lowering beams and brake upgrade

Yeah, I found what I was looking for eventually. I just had to read a bit more. Thank you for your patience as I newb it up here. Yes, the front is messed up from when someone cut the springs in the front and lowered the rear. It looks goofy and bounces badly. I would like to hold off on...
  6. OkayKafka

1987 ranger lowering beams and brake upgrade

First off. Forgive me if this has been covered. I did search. I've been looking at fixing the front suspension and making it level. Im looking at getting the DJM dream beams and getting new springs and shocks. My main question comes from what kind of compatibility they have with upgraded dual...
  7. OkayKafka

Ranger Rick. 1987 Ranger

This is the 1987 Ranger that I just picked up from Craigslist for $1100 dollars a couple weeks ago. I was told that it has a motor from a 1985 Mustang SVO that had the turbo taken off: but, I'm pretty sure after looking around that it is the original 2.3L 4 cylinder engine and the guy I bought...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad