• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bmxryder

94 4.0 high idle problem

So I was messing around a couple days ago in my truck and drove off a little foot tall ledge going pretty fast. Didn't think much of it until I go to stop and the idle stays at like 2.5k. So I thought maybe a sensor came unplugged, but Ive unplugged and replugged every sensor I can see with no...
  2. bmxryder

Review on GM Syncromesh?

Well one of my friends told me that its the best oil you could possibly put in a manual trans. So I bought 4 quarts which costs like $80. I did the oil change and noticed that it shifted a lot smoother. But then a week later my transmission blew... I have 1 quart left and Im coming up on...
  3. bmxryder

First gear pops out

I recently blew the tranny in this truck I just bought. So I took it to what is supposed to be the "best shop" in town to fix it. Well $1400 and 2 weeks later I get my truck back. I first noticed the shifter goes alittle further in first. Then after driving it for 3 or 4 miles it pops out of...
  4. bmxryder

RaceRangers Build

What program are you using to make those pics?
  5. bmxryder

RaceRangers Build

A full caged truck likes this makes TT bedsides look good. Im still a fan of flat tops though.
  6. bmxryder

RaceRangers Build

love that truck. Mine will be there someday.
  7. bmxryder

Finally have a long traveled truck

I haven't been on this site in ages, other than looking at the tech library. I figured I would post some pics of my buying/selling progress. So I started with a 95 extra cab 4.0 automatic. I was gonna build that truck but blew 2 trannys and got tired of it. I didn't make it very far on building...
  8. bmxryder

bad oil pump symptoms?

Hey guys, I'm having a little problem with my truck. When I rev the motor to around 3 grand (guessing since I don't have a tach) my oil pressure starts going down. My truck has almost 200k miles on it and I've heard the worn out motor may have something to do with it, but an oil pump sounds...
  9. bmxryder

5.0 vs. 4.6??

Alright so my tranny is taking a dump on my truck and after seeing my buddy's friend with a 5.0 i cant go without that power, but i also noticed that my brother with an F150 with a Triton 4.6 is pretty badass. so now the question is: would a 4.6 fit?? which would be easier to find a good...
  10. bmxryder

strange auto tranny problem

ok well along with the other minor problem i have with my truck. recently the tranny is giving me trouble, and its kinda hard to explain. ok so last weekend when i went riding, my truck slipped from 3rd to overdrive (felt like it hit nuetral and then engaged smoothly). once it did that then the...
  11. bmxryder

quad exhaust blew up?!?!

ok so yesterday i was riding my YFZ 450 (the one in my avatar) and i noticed that i got a strange throaty sound and i didnt have as much power. i stopped to look at the quad and didnt see anything wrong. it wasnt untill i loaded it into my truck that i noticed that half the exhaust blew out...
  12. bmxryder

AK-47 bullet in my heater vent?!?!

well... after a good days shooting my brother set a bullet on my dash (i dont know why). me not thinkin twice about it kept drving on the dirt road. after about 10 seconds of driving the bullet rolled right into my front window defrost vent :annoyed:. after driving around with it in there for a...
  13. bmxryder

better steering boxes?

alright so there is slop in my steering box and since ive put 35's on im considering buying a new steering box. when i make a sharp corner and let go of the wheel it doesnt return back to center since my tires are so heavy. and my steering wheel gets thrown around pretty easy in the desert. im...
  14. bmxryder

Primium Fuel (advantage?)

i dont think you will notice a difference if there is one, because low grade and premium arent a HUGE octane difference apart. if they are like 20 octane different then you might see something, but it would be interesting to know for sure. i dont notice an mpg change between the 2 when i drive...
  15. bmxryder

snow in vegas!!!!!!!!

:icon_bounceblue: YESS!! i love it. :yahoo: its not sticking where im at but other places in the valley it is. it usually only snows here about once a year and i dont think its ever snowed this earlier in the year... so much for global warming. btw BFG MT's with an open differential gets NO...
  16. bmxryder

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

woooooowwww. not only did you make a MAJOR mod but you did a perfect job. im sure that was the hardest part. when i saw this on the nominations for totm i was wondering what country sold a ranger like that. goojob man :icon_thumby: cant wait to see what you do for the interior
  17. bmxryder

gas mileage with big tires

alright so i was getting around 15-16 MPG with stock tires and now that ive put 35's on my truck im getting around 10-12 MPG. im saving money now to lock and re-gear my rear end to like 5.13's or lower but is that gonna bring my gas mileage back to around where it was?
  18. bmxryder

new build

So ive been sitting on a bunch of used parts for my truck and last weekend i was finally able to put them on. i am going for the prerunner setup but with low funds i cant afford long travel and such. so for now i have a skyjacker 6" lift in the front (thanks to colinrmitchell) and 35" BFG muds...
  19. bmxryder

adding a tach instrument panel

ok so i have a 95 ranger auto. my instrument panel doesnt have a tach. is there any companies that make a plug and play setup to put in there? i know dont NEED one but i think its nice to know how my motor is running.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad