• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 Ranger 4wd 4.0 power steering issue

Hi folks, hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I just finished up installing a new clutch, master and slave cylinder on my truck. It took me about 2 weeks to install a new clutch. Took it out on a test drive and noticed a shimmy when I turned. The shimmy is worse on a right hand turn than...
  2. 99 Ranger 4x4 4.0

Hi Folks, my Ranger just hit 200k so I decided to fix a few things. I have spent the last 3 days replacing all four ball joints up front, replacing shocks and a complete rear brake job (cylinders and shoes). It is amazing what a little bit of time and money will do for a vehicle. I did not...
  3. How to access the clutch master cylinder

Hi folks, I have a 1999 Ranger 5 speed 4x4. I have a leak around the master cylinder but can not get a good look at it. So my question is--how do you access the clutch master cylinder? I have crawled all around under and over--do you have to remove the fender liner to access?
  4. Fill plug size

Good morning folks, does anyone know the fill plug size for a 99 4.0 Ranger with the 5 speed transmission? I have always used a large crescent wrench but now the plug is starting to round off a bit.
  5. Snapper Lawn Mower

I have a 2002 snapper 281123bve rear engine mower with an 11 hp Briggs and Stratton engine. After standing it up on end this morning to check the blade the mower will not start. It started fine before I stood it up on end. The fuel tank was full when I stood it up. I have checked to make sure it...
  6. s10 bed dimensions?

I am looking for a camper shell for a 99 short bed ranger--came across one for an s10---does anyone know the bed dimensions for s10's?
  7. Power window problem

I have a 99 ranger and have been having intermittent problems with my driver’s side power window. Some days it will work and other days it will not. I removed the motor and tested it—works fine both directions. Can the switch cause these types of problems?
  8. Tractor tire air pressure question

I have access to a 1985 Ford 2110 tractor to do some work around the yard. It has a loader on the front that I would like to use to pull/dig up some underbrush. I had to replace the tubes in the front tires but I am unsure of how much air pressure there should be in the tires--front and back.
  9. 99 4.0 water pump

I have been leaking coolant from the water pump for a while, I haven't done anything because it wasn't leaking much and the truck has about 185k on it. Well now it seems to have picked up so I am going to replace the old water pump--are there any tips, tricks, or gotchas that you fellows might...
  10. 1999 4x4 differentials?

Hi Folks I have a 1999 4.0 4x4 supercab ranger xlt with the off road and towing package. I am pretty certain I have a limited slip differential in the back--but is the front open?
  11. 1999 ranger 4x4 question

I have recently starting having problems with my truck when shifting to 4x4 hi or low using the dash switch. The transfer case is shifting but the hubs are not locking. I imagine I have a vacuum problem but have no idea on how to check this. I am thinking of engaging the hubs maually just to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad