• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. will it work?

wanting to put a transmission and transfer case into my 84 ranger 4x4. it was mated to 5.0 . i currently have a 1979 302 with a c-4 with the advance adapter shaft built into it. also 1350 transfer case. this combo came out of a 1996 explorer 4x4. was wondering if it would work and bolt right in...
  2. converting carb to efi pump

just wanted to let everybody know that when converting gen. 1 rangers over to efi you can still keep your fuel tanks that came with the pick-up. i converted to a 302 carb to a efi by getting a Walbro GSL391 pump that will fit in the tank or along the frame rail and used externally. it will pick...
  3. AOD conversion

have a 84 ranger 4x4, 302 with a C-4, 3 inch body lift. would like to put a AOD transmission in place of the C-4. has anybody ever done this. like to here the pros and cons as to installing. the original tranny was a Toyo-Kogo 5-speed and a 1350 transfer case. still using the 1350. the c-4 all...
  4. heated mirrors

has anybody ever tried or put on heated mirrors onto a 84 ranger? i have searched almost everywhere but came up empty. maybe somebody out there has put on a used heated mirror from some other application. maybe somebody knows where i can find the heating pad to which i can apply to a new mirror...
  5. auto dimming rear view mirror

does anybody know of a particular year of ranger or explorer that has automatic dimming as well as temperature and a compass features built into it? i am trying to find one that will work in a 1984 ranger. or will just about any of them do?
  6. radiator

i converted a 84 ranger 4x4 to a 302, and bought my radiator from Speedway. it cost then $150. used a cutting torch and a welder to make the lower end frame to mount it. works great. it is a two core aluminum radiator. mounted a tranny cooler out in front on it.
  7. C-4 upgradable?

howdy, i have c-4 behind a 302 with 3.73 rearend. it runs good but, i was wondering if anybody knows what or if you can do to make it cruise at a more relaxed speed. the motor runs pretty high rpm at 60 mph. like a aftermarket bolt on overdrive or a two speed like a two ton truck would have...
  8. intermittent wipers

howdy out there. i have a 84 ranger 4x4 and the intermittent wipers just quit. they work on high speed and the washers work, but no low speed or intermittent. sometimes i hear a clicking noise sometimes i do not. i replaced the module with used one (do not make it new anymore) but get the same...
  9. intermittent wipers

howdy out there. i have a 84 ranger 4x4 and the intermittent wipers just quit. they work on high speed and the washers work, but no low speed or intermittent. sometimes i hear a clicking noise sometimes i do not. i replaced the module with used one (do not make it new anymore) but get the same...
  10. window channel

howdy everybody, i am looking for 1984 ranger window channel guides. any ideas where to find any? the drivers side door are gone and the passenger are not very good, i am talking about the two rubber lips that the glass squeezes thru.
  11. fuel selector valve

have a 84 ranger carburated. selector valve has a brown wire to it that is power. now is it powered all the time or only when you request it. i cannot get it to change to the rear tank. i know that it defaults to the front tank. i put a electric fuel pump between the valve and the carb. checked...
  12. fuel tanks

i have been reading and have not found what i am looking for. will a 1984 bronco II fuel tank (23 gal) fit in the place that a 13 gallon ranger tank was? my ranger is a 84 long bed. i was thinking maybe if i buy the broncos straps that it would fit, but i really don't want to buy and to send it...
  13. fuel tanks

i am trying find out whether or not a 1984 bronco 2 rear fuel tank will fit right in on a 1984 ranger 4x4 long box. i am needing both tanks and am running into deadends. anybody have any suggestions. hate trial and error.
  14. gear ratio vs. rpms

does anybody know where a 302 (factory 2 brrl) runs at as far as the powerband. currently have 3.55 rearend with the 7.5 ratio. have 225/75/15 wheels and tires. wanting to put 235/75/16 wheels and tires. mostly using it for basic transportation but it will haul 2 four-wheelers on a trailer or a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad