• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Starter solenoid stud size

I'm at work making new battery cables for my 93 Ranger 4.0 and like an idiot, left my cables at home. Does anyone, off the top of there head know the stud size on the starter relay and the one down on the starter. I'm thinking they're both 5/16 but want to be sure, thanks
  2. Camshaft position sensor

I have a 1993 ranger with a 4.0 and the previous owner removed the radio antenna and replaced it with an electronic one that sucks. I got a conventional antenna and couldn't figure out where to run the cable through the cowl panel into the interior so I proceeded to remove the center cover on...
  3. Good deal?

Right now I have an opportunity to pick up a 1990 ranger for 800, he might take 700. It's a 1990 single cab, 4 cylinder 5 speed 2wd. Its painted camo and has no bed or front bumper, it runs and drives fine, that's about as much as I know as of now, does that sound like a good deal based off what...
  4. Cruise control not working

I have a 93 ranger and the cruise control doesn't work, I saw another thread with a similar issue but it was never resolved, anyways, i checked the vacuum lines going to the servo, the throttle cable, checked every fuse, checked the steering wheel contacts and cleaned them up, checked the vacuum...
  5. Power mirrors not working

On my 1993 ranger, the power mirrors no longer work and the radio clock always resets on startup, naturally I check the fuse diagrams and sure enough fuse number 14 controls power mirrors and radio memory as well as interior lighting. Well my interior lights work fine but those other two things...
  6. 1989 f350 7.3

A guy at my work is selling a 1989 F350 with a 7.3. It's a crew cab long bed srw with 156,000 miles on it. It has the zf-5 5 speed manual and a locker in the rear, as well as 50" lightbar. he's asking 6,000 for it and I have my tax return coming so, does this sound like a good deal?
  7. Soft throttle pedal

The throttle pedal on my 1993 seems very light. Especially compared to my dad's 1992 jeep wrangler and my friends 1987 ranger. I put a new throttle cable but it just feels very light, is there a way I can fix this, does anyone else notice this?
  8. Coolant passenger floor

my 93 ranger has, what appears to be coolant leaking down the firewall and running onto the floor, my first, thought being the heater core, i replaced it but the old one showed no signs of leaking, but i threw a new one in anyways, two weeks later its back, it doesn't smell like coolant through...
  9. Reassemble m5od shifter assembly.

I was changing my transmission oil in my 93 with a m5od and can't remember where the shift bushing went. (my fault). I think its the shifter bushing, it's not the one that goes around the ball on the shift stub, but the other rubber bushing, does it go under or over the plate that bolts on with...
  10. Holding clutch in.

I just want to know, do you guys hold the clutch down at stops or do you put it in neutral and leave it engaged. I have always been one to hold the clutch down at stops, even for long drive throughs but i just want to make sure I'm doing it right and not putting unecessary wear on the parts. Or...
  11. Clunking when accelerating

My 93 ranger with a 5 speed makes a clunking noise when I let off the throttle while cruising and a worse clunk if i get back on the throttle. Its a single cab shortbed, so one piece driveline. The ujoints don't have play. The engine mounts seem fine and I replaced the transmission nount. I...
  12. Brakes getting hot?

I just replaced my front rotors and pads on my 93 ranger. I noticed that after I get home from work(normal city driving) my front brakes smell hot while my rear drums are still cool to the touch. I don't hot rod it or anything and Its about a 20 minute drive home. When i replaced the fronts, i...
  13. Lights blocking airflow?

I noticed when cruising on the freeway above 60 mph the engine starts to warm up. Not get hot, just rise to the "m" or "a" in "normal" I first thought the single core radiator could be plugged but it occured, could the lights in the grill be causing it? It never runs that warm except if I'm...
  14. Reinstalling front axle c-clip.

I removed the front hub to do ball joints on my 93 with manual hubs and now I can't get that c-clip on the end of the axle. I can get a prybar and pry the u-joint/yoke to pull the axle out enough to expose the groove but there's no way I can put the splined washer on as well as the c-clip. It...
  15. Axle Slinger?

As most of you know, I'm replacing my balljoints on my 93 ranger with dana 35 ttb. However I'm curious as to what the "slinger" is. I know it goes on the axle shaft and sits right behind the spindle, but i always thought a slinger was something to sling oil onto moving parts. What they call the...
  16. Swapping camber bushings

I'm in the middle of doing my ball jounts on my truck. 1993 with dana 35 ttb. And I am planning to level it in the future but wouldn't know wht camber bushing to go with. My question is, can I replace the camber bushing alone after putting the wheel end back together, or do i need to remove the...
  17. Replacing axle oil seal

I'm doing my ball joints on my 93 ranger with a dana 35. I figured it would only be best to replace the oil seal in the differential for the axle shafts. Right now I'm working on the left side. I found another thread about how to install it but I cant figure out how to get it out, Any input on this?
  18. f150 inline six

Ok, on Craigslist there is a 1990 f150 single cab with a 4.9 and 5 speed transmission. Its 4x4 with a 4 inch lidt and 33 inch tires. He's asking 900 but will entertain best offer. It needs a fuel pump and a rear driveline. I know the 4.9 was a very durable engine and I like that it's got a...
  19. Replacing ball joints.

Quick question. I'm gonna be replacing my ball joints and while skimming through the forum, found some negative reviews on moog. People say go with spicer. My question is, are these the good ones people seem to like?http://m.napaonline.com/parts/PartsDetail.aspx?k=NCP2601327_0161940062
  20. Wheel bearing replacement

Ok. So I'm planning to replace my front end components and after 220k it might need it. When I was shopping for rotors it looks like they come with cups already pressed in the rotor. Is it OK to mix and match the cones and cups in a wheel bearings. For example, can I use a Timken wheel bearing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad