• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RonneyJAyala

Clutch help

Can you put a 1993 4.0 clutch into a 1992 4.0? And vise versa? It's time for a new clutch and I don't know if my truck has a 1992 4.0, or a 1993 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. RonneyJAyala

High Pressure Slave Cylinder Line

So! My friend and I have got a dilemma. He got a 93 ranger, and it needs a new clutch and slave cylinder ( it's down there too :/) So we coughed up $150 and got both. Well Friday and Saturday we spent taking it out and replacing the parts to put it back in. We are almost done, but we are getting...
  3. RonneyJAyala

Slave Cylinder Hydraulic Line

So my friend and I are working on his 93 ranger 3.0 doing the clutch and slave as he needed it (BADLY) The issue revolves around the stupid ass high pressure line coming from the clutch master to the slave cylinder, it simply will NOT go back into the slave cylinder. No matter how hard we press...
  4. RonneyJAyala

Engine code! :o

I got an CEL while driving home today. Nothing changed while driving so I couldn't figure it out, anyway. I did a self test, and couldn't figure out what the hell I was looking at... So I took a video of it, in hopes that you guys could help me out! https://vimeo.com/151600419 Edit: I ran the...
  5. RonneyJAyala

Help for a friend!

So I've got a friend who's got a 3.slow in that I've finally convinced to get a 4.0! Problem is, I'm gonna help him do it.. Haha oops. Well anyway, what goes into this motor swap, seems straight forward? Needs the computer/harness from the 4.0. I've got that down, what need to know is, is the...
  6. RonneyJAyala

Engine Trouble

Sooooo have I got something to say. This weekend was my Fiancé and my 3rd anniversary. We decided to go play up in the snow in my 92 Ranger v6 4.0 efi. Well truck is doing fine till we start heading back up the trail we were on Just for a reference on how rough the trail was. In total we heading...
  7. RonneyJAyala

I need ideas!

So I want to make my own prerunner/brush guard bumper for my 92 ranger, i've only seen a couple that I really like, but I want to see more. I'm specifically looking for 92 and older due to the squar front. I also really like the skid plates but they don't have to be there. Just need ideas!
  8. RonneyJAyala

93 and above mirrors on a 92?

Hello TRS! So I have question since I seem to be in-capable of finding it. Can I fit a 93 or above explorer/ranger mirrors on my 92? I personally don't like the dinkyness of the stock mirrors. I want something that looks more beefy, and functions a little better. I don't want power windows, just...
  9. RonneyJAyala

Blue Streak Dual Exhaust

So I just picked up a blue streak dual exhaust for my 92 Ranger v6 4.0. It only costed me $40 so it's not at all a blow to the wallet. Will post some pictures of it when I go pick it up. It's suppose to have to glass packs for each separate tube. Only reason I got it was it was a co worker of...
  10. RonneyJAyala

Ball joints

I feel this is the right sub forum, but I could be completely wrong. I need to replace my ball joints, my question lies with; Can I use Dana 28 Ball joints in a Dana 35? I can't seem to find a cheap OEM Ball joint for the Dana 35 is why I'm asking.
  11. RonneyJAyala

Kingpin Movement.

I have a 92 XLT Ranger with the nice Dana 35. My problem lies with the kingpin, there's about a 1/8th inch of play on the wheel up/down, both wheels (One hand on the top of the tire, the other on the bottom) I'm honestly wondering how bad this issue is? And what's the damage to wallet going to...
  12. RonneyJAyala

Rear Locking Axle in 4x4?

Hi, so I have a question that's been pondering on my mind. I have a 92 Ford ranger, v6 4.0 4x4. I want to know when I put my truck in 4x4 does it lock my rear hubs like a limited slip axle? So instead of an open diff, it would be a closed diff? If that makes any sense, I understand very little...
  13. RonneyJAyala

Grinding noise

Hi, I have a 92 Ford ranger with a 4.0 v6, 5 speed manual transmission. My problem is, every time I take off from first or If second hits to low of a rpm, it makes a strange grinding noise coming the front of the truck. It doesn't sound good, but it also hasn't affected anything. All the gears...
  14. RonneyJAyala

Grinding noise!

I have a 92 Ford Ranger, trailer leveling kit(3.5") and its sitting on 31-10.5 tires. Every time I go to take off there's a slight grinding sound. It only happens in first, and only when the clutch is almost all the way released. Mind you it could be the cleanest takeoff and it'll still do it. I...
  15. RonneyJAyala

Electrical Problems

I have a 92 Ford Ranger, v6 4.0 liter, and before hand it was my grandmas. But, I'm having a bunch of issues with the battery not staying charged, or not getting a charge, I put a new altenator in to see if that's the problem, but it's still not working right, the battery isn't getting any...
  16. RonneyJAyala

So, just out of curiosity!

I have recently acquired a 92' Ford Ranger with a 4.0 V6 OHV. Being me only 18 and all I want to rail the heck out of this little truck that I have recently obtained and was wondering how bad would it be if I bounced off rev limiter (a bunch)? And the possibilities of turning it into a "Weekend...
  17. RonneyJAyala

New to the building scene, lots of questions!

So I'm new to this building scene, and I want to know the basics I can do with this truck. I have a '92 Ranger with a '93 motor in it, or so I've been told by my grandma, who I inherited it from. So of the questions I have are, how good is this motor? Is it reliable? Can it hit high rpms and not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad