• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mattr87

I need help finding some wires

I have an 89 2.3t swap that I'm finishing up and i decided to go with the Detail Zone harness and I need to find exactly where to hook up the Fuel Pump power wire, Check engine light wires, Water temp and Oil pressure gauges. I figured that some of those wires are in the plug that is by the ecu...
  2. mattr87

2.3t swap wiring issue

I have an 89 2wd 5sp ranger that I swapped a t-bird 2.3t into. I did the the wiring using stinger-performance's write-up. The problem I am having is I have no power to the coil at all. I ran the codes from the ecu to make sure it wasn't throwing any important codes which it wasn't. I was...
  3. mattr87

1989 2.3l issue

I have a 1989 ranger 2.3 5speed 2wd, the problem I'm having is when I go to start it, it takes forever to fire and when it does it runs terrible (backfires alot dumps black smoke) but if i keep reving it up eventually runs perfect, but now it seems to just be getting worse, sometimes while i...
  4. mattr87

302 swap

first of all my 2.9 sucks and ticks like crazy. i have a 2 barrel 302 that i pulled from a 86 f150. its not the original engine i really have no idea where it came from. but i was wondering if its worth swapping into my 87 super cab. the thing im most worryed about is how i can put it in and...
  5. mattr87

2.9 sending unit

i have a super cab 87 4x4 and i was wondering if the sending unit can come out with the tank in the truck after taking the bed off without hitting the cab? and whats the best way to get the sending unit out? i tried on my old ranger and i didnt do much good. Thanks
  6. mattr87

no fuel pressure

i have an 87 ranger std cab which is the beater/parts truck im trying to get it running and the fuel pump in the tank doesnt work. theres not even power to it. the inline pump works and doesnt have enough to keep it running. can i just run a straight wire hooked up to a toogle switch. and this...
  7. mattr87

a bad day for the f150

pulling a jeep cherokee out from my swamp slid into a tree before [/IMG] after [/IMG] [/IMG]
  8. mattr87

lifted the ranger

before: [/IMG] after [/IMG] 4" rough country lift on 33X12.50's
  9. mattr87

pitman arm

this last weekend i put a 4" lift on my 87. since we coulndnt find a pitman arm puller we just used the stock pitman arm to pull it out of the garage. will the pitman arm cause one tire to be turned more than other? should it be fine with the drop one put on.or is it some other issue
  10. mattr87

a few questions

i got a 1987 supercab. i just ordered a rough country 4" lift. i have a few ?'s like why do super cabs sit lower in the front and do i need extended radias arms. im really not gonna do much wheelin either.
  11. mattr87

my trucks

[/IMG][/IMG] my 87 ranger (lift is in the mail) and my 83 f150
  12. mattr87

2.9 turbo??

i was wondering for anyone thats done this or know anything about how to do this does the turbo fit in there good or is it a pain
  13. mattr87

rc lift

im looking at buying a 4" roughcountry lift for my 87 supercab. it says it clears 33x12.50 tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fenders. has anyone done this?
  14. mattr87

sub question

last night i installed my amp into my 87 ext.cab. i have a two channel 1200watt amp it works fine but i put my sub in its a jl audio w1 but its in a smaller truck type box but it sounds like crap. when it hits its kinda distorted it kinda has a good rumble. is it my sub or my amp or box? :mad:
  15. mattr87

amp wiring

hey im in the process of putting my amp in to my 87 supercab where the hell am i supposed to run my power wire thru the firewall. i cant find anywhere!
  16. mattr87

rc lift

ive got a 1987 ranger with a 2.9 im preety sure then it has the dana 28. will the rough country drop bracket put a hole in the diff or is it just the dana 35.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad