• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Transman304

Looking for a GO - No Go recommendation re: needed A4LD repair(s)

That time line will be tough to keep even for experienced builder. You have no idea what hard parts are needed if any, more than likely will need OD planets at least. What is the chance that parts ordered will be correct? I will tell you don't buy the cheapest parts you can find on Ebay or other...
  2. Transman304

A4LD lost all

I wouldn't waste the money on fluid and filter. There is something broken or burned up. First and Reverse share all the same elements to make them functional with the exception of the Direct clutch and Forward clutch. The direct pack is on in Reverse and the Forward pack is on in First. replace...
  3. Transman304

2001 / 2.3L Automatic Transmission Problem.

Is the OD light flashing? Should have set a trouble code if not may get it scanned for pending codes. Brad PS: overfull will not cause the symptoms
  4. Transman304

2001 / 2.3L Automatic Transmission Problem.

Fluid level and condition would be your first check. Brad
  5. Transman304

Another A4LD problem.....

Here are some other things to look at. What @RonD said is more than likely the cause, very common on the unit. Here are a couple other things to look at. You may want to check the vacuum line for the MAF or a bad MAF sensor or TPS. Check OD band adjustment. Do you have a single solenoid or two...
  6. Transman304

Leaky transmission pan & gear band nuts

The band nuts have a rubber seal to stop fluid from leaking between case and also seal threads. Brad
  7. Transman304

That leak definitely needs to be addressed. Transmission fluid will spread out more than engine oil so spot will appear larger with smaller amount of fluid. My opinion only is I wouldn’t recommend any type of additive and as far as RTV sealants not in applications that don’t require it. Your...
  8. Transman304

The leak looks to to be above pan rail. There is a rubber square cut o ring and gasket that goes between bell housing and case. These get hard over time and began to leak. Brad Also have 2 o rings on the case connector that can leak in that area. How much fluid are you loosing?
  9. Transman304

How to remove the bell from a 5R55E

You stand a chance of destroying a lot of parts changing it that way. When the bell housing is removed the pump is attached and next in line is the OD drum and band which more than likely come unseated along with many thrust washers, bearings. No way to support the parts horizontally to hold...
  10. Transman304

FM145/146/132 front and rear bearing pullers

No worries man, glad to help when I can. Just FYI , for ease of putting new bearings on the shafts is to heat them in a toaster oven or on a hot plate. No more than 300 degrees. This is what I use with inferred thermometer. Brad
  11. Transman304

FM145/146/132 front and rear bearing pullers

A set up like this will get the job done. Just make sure the size on the separator will meet your needs. Brad
  12. Transman304

Low oil pressure after warmed up. Missing Galley Plug. Galley Plug locations

Hi @RonD, I’m not sure I understand the what you posted on “bearing gaps don’t change” what bearings were you referring too? Thanks Brad
  13. Transman304

Low oil pressure after warmed up. Missing Galley Plug. Galley Plug locations

If you are having low oil pressure after warm I dought it's going to be a galley plug. Need to look more at oil pump or bearing clearances.
  14. Transman304

Galley Oil Plug locations 2.9L v6

That plug is for the water jacket you have circled.
  15. Transman304

A4ld i rebuilt now shifting so hard dies jelp

Sounds like the TCC circuit has a cross leak or incorrect valve line up or misplaced retainer pin. Brad
  16. Transman304

Trans whining?

Fluid level? Make sure it is not pilot bearing or throw out bearing noise. Does noise change with vehicle speed? noise with the clutch pedal in? Certain gear? Brad
  17. Transman304

A4LD ask for advice, no reverse

Very easy to miss the tab on reverse band when installing servo. Band will rotate and move forward out of location when building transmission. Can be moved back into location while transmission is installed. Need to see the tab of the band where servo pin installs. Brad
  18. Transman304

Parking pawl part number ?//UPDATE//

Best bet would be to go to transmission shop and see if they would sell you parts from a core. No difference in parts for 4x4 or 4x2. Good luck! Brad
  19. Transman304

Transmission cooler lines

Try to source a piece copper/nickel line in the correct size and the fitting for your radiator. Easy to work with. Cut the line in a place where you have room to work. Use it as a pattern for bending the line and then put a compression union fitting to connect the new and old line. Rubber hose...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad