• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '95 4.0L won't start after getting warm

Now my truck is really making life tough for me. After it gets warm, it won't start back up. It will crank over but won't start. Sometimes it will idle roughly like a diesel for a few seconds and then die. I can let it cool down for say a half hour or so and then it fires right up. After a...
  2. Trouble with starting my '95 4.0L

I've been having this random issue that's turned into a regular issue. Every few months my truck doesn't want to start. The engine will crank over and then it will sputter and bog for up to 10 seconds before completely stopping. You can smell unburned fuel and it sounds like a diesel. It seems...
  3. Looking for fan clutch removal tools for 4.0L

I need to replace the waterpump and fan on my '95 4.0L. I think wrench sizes are 36mm and 60mm. Seeing as this waterpump and fan has lasted 120,000 miles, I'll probably never need these wrenches again so I hate to go out and buy them new. Got a set collecting dust in the garage? much thanks...
  4. Holy frickin' coolant leaks Batman!

Yesterday was a bad Ranger day as a couple of things failed or broke. But the major thing is I've now got a big coolant leak. I found the leak but I'm hoping someone can give me a specific part name before I ask for a "doohickie thing" at the parts store. There is a valve that seems to control...
  5. GEM compatibility in Ranger?

I've been asking around regarding some ongoing electrical issues. And after advice and research, it looks like it might be a GEM issue. Some issues are: horn not working (relay, horn, and steering wheel switch good), no windshield wipers, door open chime on frequently, 4x4 low engages about...
  6. replacing cooling fan on a '95 4.0L

Did a quick search and couldn't get my question answered. I was planning on replacing my seriously cracked cooling fan this weekend. The manual (haynes?) wasn't really straightforward but that wasn't about to stop me. In the manual, it says repeatedly that the large nut holding the fan/clutch...
  7. shocking question about Rancho RS5000

My new truck came with NIB Rancho RS5000 front shocks. The previous owner said they have been sitting in the boxes for years. When I checked them out they have tons of compression and rebound damping but they don't return to original length. Are these things not gas charged? Sorry for newbie...
  8. Fuel filler neck question

My brother's truck wasn't passing Ca. emissions so I helped him out and found a leaky filler neck. I did a ghetto repair job (yamabond #4 and a bicycle tube repair kit, really no $%&^) to get it to pass. Now that it's my truck, I thought I'd do a better job. So about 1-2 years ago, I remember...
  9. Identifying a GEM problem

I recently posted about some ongoing electrical issues. Someone suggested that it might be a GEM failure (thanks). This '95 4x4 4.0l 5spd has not had working windshield wipers or a horn for a while. Now that I'm the new owner, I want to get these things sorted. I did some troubleshooting with...
  10. '95 4x4 STX hub rebuild questions

It feels like the front wheel bearing are shot on my new to me '95 4x4 (with automatic locking hubs). On bumpy surfaces I've been hearing a "klunk" coming from the front end. When I jacked the front up, I could grasp the wheel on the top and bottom and shake causing quite a bit of motion. The...
  11. Electrical problems with '95 4x4 STX

My new to me truck is having some strange electrical problems and I'm wondering if they are related. The windshield wipers, horn and gauge lights have all stopped working. So far I've checked fuses, relays, and the horn and they are all working. Anyone have some ideas on what I should look for...
  12. rebuilding '95 4x4 hub trouble/questions

It feels like the front wheel bearing are shot on my new to me '95 4x4 (with automatic locking hubs). On bumpy surfaces I've been hearing a "klunk" coming from the front end. When I jacked the front up, I could grasp the wheel on the top and bottom and shake causing quite a bit of motion. The...
  13. Trouble with '95 windshield wiper motor

The wipers died a while ago and being in S. California, you can get away with this but I've got to get around to getting this fixed. I disconnected the connector and checked the signals to it. It appears to be same as on my Mom's working '99 Explorer so I figure the switch is working. Was...
  14. Trouble with windshield wipers.....

The wipers died a while ago and being in S. California, you can get away with this but I've got to get around to getting this fixed. I disconnected the connector and checked the signals to it. It appears to be same as on my Mom's working '99 Explorer so I figure the switch is working. Was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad