• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. FM Function on CB?

Nevermind. Please Delete.
  2. An Alternative 4.0 swap...

I've looked, can't find anything about this. What about a JEEP 4.0L straight six swap? It doesn't seem like all that strange of an idea... and the motors are fairly common, if a little expensive. I'm just a straight six fan, and as the ford 300 is out of the question, this seemed like an...
  3. TTB Full Size Bronco Coils

Got a pair of these for free, just wondering about stuffing them under an 89 Ranger. I've read they will be very stiff, especially under a 2.9. Stiff is really okay, but I bought the truck with shackles in the rear, so it has quite a rake to it. maybe the coils will level it up? I'm really just...
  4. Earlier Throttle body on later 2.9

I know where an earlier model B2 is. NOw for some reason I think that I read somewhere that an earlier TB from a 2.9 is bigger than the later ones, namely, my 91. I'm not expecting some huge difference, but if there will be a difference, I can go pull the part basically for free. I understood...
  5. Driveline vibration

Okay. I have a vibration somewhere. Here's the story: It starts at about 10 or 15 mph, and I havent run it any higher. There is slop in the center bearing, and the u joint immediately after, not much though. Barely perceptible. Got under there today, and found a bolt on this one that was...
  6. Bumper Building and General Fab'n Qs

Okay. So. Heavily interested in building a front bumper. I have a welder and am quite familiar with it. I need a cutting device of some sort. What do yall use? Will a cutting wheel on an angle grinder do the trick? (I plan to use no larger than 1/4 inch steel this go round) Should I opt for one...
  7. T case stuck?

I just go done putting a 3 inch Body lift on today, since the Body mounts were sagging and causing rubbing issues....but anyway, Now, my 4x4 shifter wont move. Do yall think itis just linkage? I dont remember the last time i had it in 4 wheel, but something tells me this is just linkage. I just...
  8. Cylinder Head

Bout to swap out a cracked cylinder head on an 87 ranger. Any tips? Things to look for? Things to do while everything is apart? Thanks. Brian
  9. No Running lights, or dash lights?

Two nights ago, I noticed my dash lights start to flicker and within a few minutes, they were gone. So i get home and notice that someone had put a 25 amp fuse in for the instrument cluster. no biggie, i pop a 10 in there. Nothing. So I then decide to replace the headlamp switch, as I noticed a...
  10. 1987 2.3 Oil Leak

I'm working on an engine now that is still leaking even after a new valve cover gasket. I discovered a very small crack in the block on the passenger side corner the last time I sealed the valve cover. I put some JB weld in the crack and let it set, but it is still leaking oil. What else should...
  11. Transmission Fluid

Just got an 89 ranger 4x4, and want to replace all the fluids, just so I can start from square one on this one. I'd like to use synthetics. With all of my research, I now believe that the Transmission and T Case will both require a Mercon type fluid. I'm leaning toward Royal Purple Synchromesh...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad