• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Kowboy

Can I use this radiator

Just got home w/ a new radiator for my 2000 3.0 manual Ranger. Went brain dead and did not check out what was in the box before traveling home. The one I bought has the two automatic transmission lines inlets. I obviously do not need them. The inlets have the rubber plugs in there for...
  2. Kowboy

How do you haul your boat?

Not the best picture, but check out this truck carrying his boat, motor, trailer and canoe on top of his truck bed. I didn't think weed was allowed legally in Virginia yet. He must be on something and it ain't smart pills. Picture was taken in Richmond, Va.
  3. Kowboy

Data Link Connector Problems?

Just got a scan tool to clear the check engine light. It works on my 2007 Ford Fusion but not on my 2000 Ranger. Called the scanner help line and they say problem is more than likely due to no power to the Data Link Connector, (DLC). I do not see where there is a fuse for this test port. Any ideas?
  4. Kowboy

When to Replace Spark Plugs and Wires

First a little history. I bought my truck about 5 years back and am the 2nd owner. Truck came w/ 116 K miles on the clock and now has about 157 K. The truck came w/ an extensive service history all written down in a oily / dirty garage book. Golden for the next owner / me. I saw where he...
  5. Kowboy

Using a welder on your Ranger

Anyone ever heard of this? I was researching about welders on the web as my El-Cheapo Campbell Hausfield dumped on me Friday. I was reading where your vehicles computer / electrics can be damaged if the neg. ground on the battery is not disconnected. I am familiar w/ electro-static discharge...
  6. Kowboy

Speedometer quit working today

So I was just putting some overhead cab marker lights on the ride and having a bonding moment. I already have an Explorer overhead console w/ it's wiring inside the headliner. It is placed inside a wiring loom. Then there are the courtesy light wires and now the wiring for the 5 new lights...
  7. Kowboy

Street Rod Truck

Check out this low riding truck. A local Mechanicsville, Virginia man has a rat rod shop that gets real interesting at times. He has several projects going on right now. One being a 52 Chevy. 30's thru 60's model cars and trucks are on his lot all the time. Never spoke to him and assume he is...
  8. Kowboy

Got myself a Henry lever action .22 rifle

The way Remington has taken Marlin is tragic. I can't get a grasp on how one company can buy out another, tear it to pieces and make any profit from that. IDK? The same thing happened to Wheel Horse Garden Tractors. They got bought by TORO and TORO took them straight into annihilation. Most of...
  9. Kowboy

Here is a pix of the guns we're talking about. Top is the Marlin 410, #2 Marlin Mountie .22, #3 Marlin 30-30 Texan and #4 Winchester 30-30. I agree w/ liking the straight stocks. The 410 is only available from Cabela's and limited production. I believe it's basically a .45 w/ a shotgun bbl. Too...
  10. Kowboy

Both my 22 and 30-30 Marlin's have the straight stock. I prefer them as well, mostly cosmetic for me. All 22 Marlin Mounties have straight stocks and my 1952 30-30 has a rare straight stock. They called them Texans. I do have a Marlin lever action 410 that has the pistol grip stock. Way too...
  11. Kowboy

that's good to hear. I just got home from the local outside gun range w/ the wife. Her 85 yr old father just gave her a 1958 model 94 30-30 Winchester. The gun had only 12 rounds through it until today. We shot it on the 25 yd range since it was her 1st time w/ the 30 caliber and open sights...
  12. Kowboy

Had a conversation w/ the friend and his 30,000 rounds of .22's. His opinion; ammo may become money in the event of a crisis. I guess that could be the case,IDK.
  13. Kowboy

I see your point there. To my original statement, I cannot believe 30,000+ rounds of 22's was purchased for any single home invasion. This friend is counting on an all out war. I wouldn't want to depend on 22's for that purpose. He's a large scale hog farmer and assumes he'll be needing to...
  14. Kowboy

I guess you understand that even when defending your home bigger is better, faster is better. I see that in an home invasion shotguns are pretty much King, but 30,000 22 long rifles are just foolish. If I had to shoot at a living human being, he will die by my first shot and not by several...
  15. Kowboy

I have a friend that has over 30,000 rounds of 22 cal. I laugh at him. He's buying them for home defense. He doesn't seem to get the whole fire power superiority thing. He could be taken out by a larger caliber weapon and never see the enemy.
  16. Kowboy

School Time

I've finally got some pixs of my ride. I've got some Wheel Vintiques 62 series, 8" Steels w/ 1960 Galaxie center caps and new trim rings. The skins are BFG's 255 / 60R15's. I also included a pix of my shifter w/ the little aluminum, carpet covered, box. The box replaces that plastic tacky cup...
  17. Kowboy

Blew top off power steering pump

I did something yesterday that I've done many times before. I wanted to look under the right side of my 2000 Ranger, so I just put the ignition key into the switch to release the steering lock. I then turned the wheels hard right without starting the engine. I may have done this twice, not sure...
  18. Kowboy

Saw a Bumper Sticker today

I saw a bumper sticker on a ratty 4x4 today. BUCKLE UP I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING. It made me laugh when I thought about red neck logic.
  19. Kowboy

Explorer Overhead console in a 2000 Ranger

One issue to installing an Explorer overhead console into a Ranger is where to run the 2 Temperature Sensor wires. I didn't want to drill any holes into my firewall and could not find any existing rubber knock outs. I solved the issue by running a fish tape, from the passenger side roof, center...
  20. Kowboy

Hello from Kowboy

Hello to all! I am not exactly new, but have not formally introduced myself. I am a Grandfather of 2 boys and I have 1 son. I live here in Hanover County, Virginia w/ my wife of 42 years. I have decided to make my 2000 Range XLT step-side my project vehicle. I have done a lot lately since it has...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad