• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bert0427

86 4x4 302 swap

Hey I am starting a 302 swap in my ranger. I have just got a 302 (rebuilding it)and it will be carbureted. I am looking for any kind of heads up or advise for what to look for and be aware of. I have been reading the tech article for the swap and I am having a hard time finding a c4 4x4...
  2. bert0427

hole in dizzy cap, then split plug wires

My truck is a 1986 ranger 4x4 with a 2.9l and I have just replace my head gaskets on my 2.9l that came off of craigslist for 300$... this thing has me stumped. it spits sputter and miss fires randomlyand puts out black smoke when it dose this and sometimes white . i have repaced plugs, wire...
  3. bert0427

2.9l heads instalation inprogress

i have a 86 ranger i just installed a used engine form a 87 ranger. (2.9l) The engine has good power but ran like crap there was oil entering the intake through the PCV valve, all except 2 exhaust bolts were broke into the heads and the exhaust leaked like crazy. so i am in the middle of...
  4. bert0427

2.9 swap to a302

I have a 86 ranger 2.9l 4x4 and still looking for a donor or vehicle. Once I find one with a 302 with a automatic transmision wil I have to swap out my front end and rear end and transfer case ? Also what is a good vehicle to get for this swap I have chose to go with a carb engine and want to...
  5. bert0427

toggle switch for both Fuel Pumps???

the truck I got has been totaled and caught fire before so there are a lot of wiring issues ... any way I was wanting to hook a toggle switch for the in-tank fuel pump and also a toggle switch for the one on the frame rail but I don't know if the I can just hook them up to a toggle switch or not...
  6. bert0427

2.9l dies when i put it in gear

I have a 2.9l used engine recently installed and I just got it to run and I havnt been able to put a timing light on It yet, I have only done the timing the best I could by turning the distributor. the engine is running ( not great) but I was going to move the truck to a different spot and...
  7. bert0427

engine dont stop when key is off

I just put a used engine in my 86 ranger it is a 2.9l.. when I turn the key to start it up the engine turns over but once I turn the key in the off position the engine keeps turning until I pull off the ground on the battery. I have replaced the starter relay and it seems to do fine for a...
  8. bert0427

2.9l rebuild and cooling sytem questions

I have a 86 ranger I am rebuilding the engine (2.9l) I am hoping to put an electrical cooling fan and I was hoping some one could help guide me in the right direction.. I am all ears about the rebuild and also cooling system tips bc I don't want my heads to crack, like I keep hearing, when I get...
  9. bert0427

2.9l rebuild bolt kit?

I have 1986 ford ranger and I am rebuilding the engine (2.9) I have found mostly every thing I need for the rebuild ( parts and machine shop)except that the bolts that was in the engine were rusted and damaged pretty bad so I am hoping that someone might know were I could get a bolt kit or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad