• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 3.0

My son has a 2000 ranger 3.0. It was getting water in the oil so we pulled the heads. Didn't see a problem so we took off the timing cover. The water pump impeller was worn out and cut a hole in the timing cover. So we got it all put pack together and now it won't run. It starts sometimes but...
  2. setting caster on d44

Although we're not quite ready to start right yet, I've been doing alot of thinking and reading about pinion angle and caster. I believe the way to install this axle, 77 hp d44, is to cut my c'off, set my axle on jack stands at ride hight, get my pinion angle where it needs to be set the caster...
  3. ring and pinion advice

We're ready to start work on my sons axle. High pinion d44. From what I'm reading, when shortening, the most popular way is to do one cut from the passenger side. Planning on 5.13 gears with 38's. So, where do y'all get your gears and install kits and what works best for you? Oh yea thanks.
  4. cam id

We pulled a 68 302 from my sons cobra II that had thrown a rod. I pulled the cam and was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is. Markings are SB or SR maybe SF lol yea I know. 0414 44-13-98 975183
  5. d44 steering question

If my question has been covered please post a link. I've searched and can't find it. Is it possible to fit up stock ford d44 steering on a narrowed axle, or am I better off fabing it myself or ordering one from somewhere like ruff stuff? Thanks. JTB
  6. hex bar for tie rod

Has anyone used hex bar for for tie rod and drag link? If so, other than having it drilled and tapped, what are the cons? If you've used it can you please post pics? Thanks. JTB
  7. measurement question

When narrowing my d44, do I measure from the c or measure from the end of the tube after I get the c off? Thanks.
  8. Father son project

Hey from N.C. 5 years ago I bought my midddle son an 88 ranger 4wd. It has the 2.9 and 5 speed, a 9" rear end, 3" body and I believe a 4" suspension lift. So, now he wants to build it. We just got a d44 from a 77 f150 and an tranny and tcase from an 83 f150. Still have to get a 302 and lots of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad