• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RangerNielsen

94 3.0 to 4.0

'94 3.0 to 4.0 (possibly a '00 engine) I know I'm beating a dead horse on this but I'm reading different things. Do the motor mounts need to be changed? The transfer case from the 3.0 should work, right? It's a manual shift t case and I want to keep it that way. I'll only need the engine...
  2. RangerNielsen

91 model engine in a 94

Well fellers, after 2 years, I have finally found another obd1 3.0:yahoo: However, I do have a few concerns. The alterBator on the new engine is bad, mine is good, can I bolt mine on and call it a day? The 91 and 94 have themy in the same place. Next, the 91 is a v-belt setup, is it easy enough...
  3. RangerNielsen

Best gears for a 3.SLOW

Alright, I have a 94 ranger with the 3pointblow, and it is now sitting on 33x13.50s. With the 32s, it was pretty gutless (still beat Hondas though :icon_rofl:), and I'm imagining the 1 more inch of tire height is going to be hell. What would be the best gears to put in it, and still be daily...
  4. RangerNielsen

Good Evening

Well, I have yet to introduce myself for I haven't done this yet, but I have been here a while now. I'm in Issaquah, Washington. A little bit about my truck. No lift sitting on 33x13.50r15. m5od, manual transfer case. Dana 35, manual hub swapped. Not enough gearing for the tires (stock, 3.73)...
  5. RangerNielsen

Lockout Hubs on Rear Axle

Would it be possible to put lock out hubs on the rear axle? I am not saying I am going to but I am just wondering.
  6. RangerNielsen

'88 FM146 Clutch Line being dumb

So a while ago I was having transmission problems in my '88 ranger so I pulled the transmission. I got the transmission repaired put all back together, and everything was fine. At the time, I still had factory sized front tires on the truck, rears were 32". I drove the truck fine for about a...
  7. RangerNielsen

Regearing Speedo for Larger Tires

What tooth speedometer gear do I need to swap in my '94 Ranger XLT, I have 3.73 gears and 32" tires. I believe factory tire size was 235/75r15. Thanks in advance!
  8. RangerNielsen

New engine, new exhaust, couple questions.

I'll be putting a new used engine in my ranger, and the old exhaust, or lack there of, is getting replaced from headers to tailpipe. So my questions are, Where is the best place to get headers and a good cat set up? What's a good muffler to run? Would there be issues with running headers...
  9. RangerNielsen

1996 Ford Taurus Engine in a 1994 Ford Ranger

Here's the deal, My 1994 Ranger 3.0 blew a head gasket. I am not going to go in to a lot of detail about that, for the engine needs extensive work. I plan to swap in a used 3.0 for now while I rebuild my current 3.0 and swap back. After searching for a while, I found a 1996 Ford Taurus 3.0 V6...
  10. RangerNielsen

Rebuild VS Bigger Engine

Alright, hell struck. The engine in my '94 blew the head gaskets. How hard would it be to pull the engine with the transmission (manual) and tcase (also manual) out with it? I have pulled the trans/transfer case in my '88 before, so I know what needs to be done for that. Hopefully I remember...
  11. RangerNielsen

Random Manual/auto hub "merge" question

Is it possible to take the spanner nut and lock key thingy for an automatic hub and put it on a spindle with a manual lock out hub on it? Obviously there would not be the auto hub locking assembly in it. I ask because it is kind of a pain in the rear with the manual hub's 2 spanner nuts and lock...
  12. RangerNielsen

Manual hubs vs Auto hubs

I got in a debate with my dads mechanic friend with hubs. He prefers auto and told me I should put auto back on my truck, rather than manual. So my question is, which do you prefer and why?
  13. RangerNielsen

D28 Knocks and pops

So, I think i blew up my D28 diff. When i have it in 4 wheel drive, the differential will pop (best way to describe it) and not engage the front tires, with the hubs locked in, of course. I think I blew it (as silly as it sounds,) in my driveway. I have a rather steep incline right in front of...
  14. RangerNielsen

94 Rangers temp doesnt hold steady

So lets just go through the average day of my temperature gauge on my 94 3.0. Start the truck in the morning, temp get up to the N in NORMAL, drive off the mountain, get into town, its stays at N. Sitting at a red light, it climbs up to R, and if I'm sitting too long, it will climb to the L...
  15. RangerNielsen

94 3.slow drinks oil

So I've been driving the truck for 4 days, and I got a check oil light today. So I checked it and there's oil up to the hash marks but not on them. The valve cover gaskets are dry and I can't find any leaks. The truck is a single cat with a 4' 3" straight pipe after that. Possible issues?
  16. RangerNielsen

Clutch is being weird

So I picked up a 94 ranger 3.0 v6 5 speed knowing there was issues with the clutch. I get it home and notice that the res. for the clutch was dryer than Death Valley. So I adds some brake fluid to it, and pumped the clutch a couple times and the res. started bubbling so I held the clutch down...
  17. RangerNielsen

Brakes for a 32" tire

So I got my 32s on the truck today, and noticed that stopping is pretty challenging. What kind I brakes do y'all run or recommend? Or any upgrades to the truck I can do to stop easier? Thanks
  18. RangerNielsen

Towing manual ranger with a dolly

I am picking up a 94 ranger std cab, 5 speed, 4x4 and as a last resort, i am towing it with a dolly. Its about 70 miles with 99% of the trip being on the freeway. Will i be safe to tow it on the front with out disconnecting the rear driveshaft? my fathers mechanic said i should be fine with it...
  19. RangerNielsen

1988 5speed 4x4 to 1987 5speed 4x4

So, I just drove another 110 miles and spent another $150 on what I hope to be the right transmission. It's out of a 1987 ranger 4x4 and I'm going to try and put it in place of my 1988 5speed 4x4. A couple plugs are different, but can this be swapped with very few mods?
  20. RangerNielsen

32x14r15lt BFG mud terrains

So, I found me a pair of 32x14r15 bfg MUDs on Craigslist. Would I be able to put them on the rear of my 88? I have 32x10.50 on the rear now, stock up front (bead blew so previous previous owner put stock size up front). I would put the 14w on the rear and the 10.50 on the front. The 10.50s clear...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad