• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. drop I beams

ok, so I dropped a 351w into my 2wd 89 ranger. I want to lower it to give me a better handling truck. my question is do the drop i beams raise the steering components up more into the engine bay. Im concerned bc if they do it will hit my oil pan. it barely clears now at full stuff. I just dont...
  2. 2.9 rebuild

Ok, just finished rebuilding my 2.9 with mild overhaul, i am getting alot of noise out of the top end . Sounds like a diesel! I cold set the valve lash as per the chilton manual but it sounds like the lifters just wont pump up . motor sounds good through out idles fine and revs fine. its...
  3. 351w swap questions

got an 89 ranger 2WD currently a 2.9 stick, doing some research on putting my 351w in and need a little help, been reading posts for a few days now and still have a few foggy questions, mostly what tranny to go with. was really thinking T-5 ,motor is only about 300hp so should hold up, but also...
  4. replace 2.9 with 2.8 and duraspark?

I am looking at buying a 90 ranger that is in fantastic shape. I have the option of either changing all the body parts and floorboards to my current 85 ranger, or just putting the 2.8 in the 90 ranger. 90 has a 2.9 that gave it up. how difficult is it to swap the 2.9 for the 2.8 with duraspark...
  5. this site is great

Hi all, just joined and have to say this is one of the best ranger sites ive been to. I have an 85 long bed 2WD 2.8 5spd. been rough getting it back in order but its getting there. got my parts today for the duraspark swap and glad there is an easy to follow tut on this site! Thanks:yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad