• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JoeCanada

Any Experts on 2010 Sport Trac Electrical Systems here?

My BIL has a 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin that is eating batteries like no tomorrow. One shop he took it to told him he had a bad battery, he buys a new one, truck kills it in a couple days, exchanges for another new one, kills it again...you see where this is going. So he brings it to me, and the...
  2. JoeCanada

4.0 OHV Vacuum System Pics?

So, I've been doing some major work in the engine bay of my 94 4.0 OHV, and in the process of re-assembly, I find I have a mystery vacuum line that I cannot for the life of me remember where it hooks up (that'll teach me not to label stuff...) Anyone have any pics of the vacuum lines looking...
  3. JoeCanada

96 Cab onto 94?

So after my barely month-old truck got t-boned, and knowing I probably won't get any insurance money from it, I am faced with the prospect of rebuilding. I have a fairly decent cab on my 96 parts truck, so I am wondering if anyone here has done a 4-Gen cab onto a 3-Gen swap. I assume the body...
  4. JoeCanada

What's it worth? 94 Ranger

Hey all, So I am looking for a new truck, since I recently had a run-in with a deer. This is what I'm looking at right now: 94 Ranger Ext Cab 4x4, 4.0L Power locks/windows 5 speed 214000km (132000 mi, for you American folk) Warn winch on front It looks to be in reasonable shape from the pics...
  5. JoeCanada

Yargh! Y-pipe issues...

OK, so heres the thing, I had to cut my Y-pipe apart to pull my engine. Of course now I wish I hadn't done that, but anyway too late for that. So I put the pieces back in place and tacked them together with the MIG, but now I can't get the damn thing out. My question to anyone who has been in a...
  6. JoeCanada

Oil Level Sensor

Anyone know how to remove this from the oilpan without destroying it?
  7. JoeCanada

LuK Clutches

Anyone have experience with this brand? I was looking at a clutch/slave cyl combo on the 'Bay made by LuK, but I haven't heard anything about them before.
  8. JoeCanada

Help Interpreting Compression Test Results

So I got this 88 2.0L that has been sitting for a year and a half, so it no doubt has gas varnish clogging up the carb. The guy says it had a leaking rear main, which is a straightforward enough fix, if that's all there is to it. Well, and cleaning the carb, I suppose. I ran a (dry) compression...
  9. JoeCanada

Jeep Liberty? Any thoughts?

So my gf is looking at getting a new(ish) SUV, and one of the ideas she was tossing around was a Jeep Liberty. Anyone have one? What problems do they typically have? Are they worth it? Thoughts? Perspectives? Opinions?
  10. JoeCanada

Overhead Console Mod Temp Sensor

OK, so I pulled an Overhead console from an explorer yesterday, but I'll be damned if I could find the temp sensor. The tech article said on the passenger side rad support, but I couldn't see it. Does anyone have a picture of where to look, or anything else to go on?
  11. JoeCanada

M5OD 'Overhaul'?

I suppose overhaul is a bit inaccurate in this case, because the transmission is working fine, but since I'm pulling the engine out, I'll be 'freshening up' the transmission while I'm at it. I plan to replace the shifter bushings and replace the shift rail plugs with new freeze plugs, as well as...
  12. JoeCanada

Can anyone look up old Ford part #s???

I have a complete gasket kit for a lima engine, but I'm not sure if it's for a 2.0 or a 2.3 or what. The kit has the part number E4TZ-6079-D on it and inside are the following #s: E27E-6051-A1A (head gasket, not sure what size tho) E27E-9439-AA (intake mani gasket) D8EE-9E436-AA (not...
  13. JoeCanada

2.0 vs 2.3 heads?

Trying to settle an argument here...are the heads for the early (83-88) 2.0 and 2.3 engines identical? I know the blocks are identical, aside from one being overbored.
  14. JoeCanada

"Hot-Wiring" a Ranger??

OK, so I'm going to look at this '88 Ranger, however, the guy says he lost the key for it. And considering it's been sitting in his yard for over a year, I'd kinda like to know if it even starts and runs before I try towing it away. So my question is, how would I fire it up without the key...
  15. JoeCanada

Need to do a rebuild...advice?

So some of you may have assisted me before with my overheating issue this past summer. Long and short of it...took the heads to the machine shop, and they were cracked. It's a 4.0 OHV with over 235,000kms, and evidence of past overheating issues, so I suppose that's really no surprise. At any...
  16. JoeCanada

fordparts.com ???

Anyone ever buy from them? Are the parts any good? They claim to be OEM, but are they really?
  17. JoeCanada

A couple of 4.0 questions...

Firstly, is there a coolant drain plug on the block and where the $%#@ is it?? Second, where is the oil pressure sender on the 4.0? I want to install an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, but I can't seem to find anything but the oil level sender.
  18. JoeCanada

Greasy brake shoes??

I noticed some fluid oozing from the back of one of my rear drums, so I popped the drum off (thinking it was the cylinder), and found the shoes, drum, everything all coated with a layer of what looked like black grease. The cylinder looked ok. I wasn't sure what it was, but my dad suggested...
  19. JoeCanada

Antilock Brakes??

How can I tell if my Ranger has ABS? It's a 94 4x4, is ABS standard on them? Apparently I need to know this to buy new rotors for the front.
  20. JoeCanada

Mystery Connector??

I was replacing my lower intake gasket, and when I disconnected the wiring harness for the fuel injectors, et al, I discovered the following (see pic). There are four wires: Blue/Orange Stripe, Black/White Stripe, Grey/L. Blue Stripe and Orange. What are they for??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad