• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dustincoc

Different frame for '87 2wd vs 4wd

My '87 2.9l auto 2wd project has sat for 2 years due to lack of funds/stalled due to major repairs needed. The frame had a little rot on the tail end last time I was working on it. The major reason for the stall was I found there were major issues with the engine. I've been puttering around on...
  2. Dustincoc

How do I check a CTM?

My sister picked up a '96 Mazda B2300 a few months back and has been tryng to get the windshield wipers and speedometer working(amonst other things). Also the temp guage isn't working. She's been doing some repairs herself, but I was over changing the thermostate today and looked at a few...
  3. Dustincoc

Bent Valve / Head damage

I've got the the passengers head off on the Ranger so I could drill out the exhaust manifold bolts(I managed to break off every one). I found a bent pushrod on the cylinder 3 intake valve as I was taking it apart. I ordered a new one although I can't find a cause. I got the bolts all drilled out...
  4. Dustincoc

Wiring harness location?

I'm currently tearing the top end out of my Ranger. The previous owner had the engine apart in the past and there are a lot of questionable things I'm finding. I've got the upper intake off and I've found that the wiring harness snaked its way between the upper and lower intakes. Is this...
  5. Dustincoc

Todays Garage Sale Finds

Not sure if this the right forum or not for this. The $20 Box Just for reference, the table is 6' long. The big Adjustable wrench is worth what I paid for the whole box, as are the padlocks. There are some Snap-on and Mac wrenches in there too. Here's a list of the boxes contents: (2)...
  6. Dustincoc

Regular Cab Super bed... Just an idea...

I'm sure we've all seen the posts about building a extended cab long bed. Just separate the front and rear frame sections on an extended cab and a longbed and combine the longbed rear and the extended cab front. I've been thinking about the possibility of doing that but instead of keeping...
  7. Dustincoc

Made negative progress today... Need welding help

Went out to work on the core support I'm fabing for the Ranger and after tinkering with the welder for a while was laying some decent beads so I ground off the welds(my father said they looked like bird sh1t) I'd put on the piece before and was going to get some better welds on there. I know I'm...
  8. Dustincoc

Tag on core support

Found this tag on the core support. Doing a rebuild of the core support and the bit that it was mounted on was going away so I pulled it off for safe keeping. Was located on the top front behind the grill next to the drivers headlight. Although I see a hole for a rivet, it was mounted with a...
  9. Dustincoc

What color paint was the truck from the factory?

Is there any way to tell other than the sticker on the door? I've been trying to find out what color paint the truck originally had. The title says GY which I assume means gray. The truck is and was when I got it red primer. The primer has chipped off in placed and there is black under it. Just...
  10. Dustincoc

Windshield - What years can I pull one from?

I managed to crack the windshield :bawling:on the truck and I'll need to replace it before I can get it on the road. I have an '87. I know '83-'88 will fit. What other years?
  11. Dustincoc

Anyone using Harbor Freight Flux Core Wire?

Just saw Harbor Freight has 10Lb pools of fluxcore wire for $60. I just paid $40 for a 4 Lb Spool so thats $10/Lb vs $6/LB. A savings of $40 on the spool. Have to question the quality of the wire though for that price...
  12. Dustincoc

How to remove top off cowl? First gen...

I've got water getting into the passenger side floor. Since the truck hasn't been started in a few weeks because its apart, I doubt its the heater core. If it was I'd expect it to be low on coolant since I haven't added any since last fall. The level hasn't changed. So I'm trying to get the top...
  13. Dustincoc

Body Bushings

I'm looking for some type of body bushing that will work with the core support I'm building. I need then to be 1/2" to 3/4" tall(above the mount) and ~1 1/2" to 2" around. I can adapt the frame mounts to bushings as long as the hole needs to be round(can't be a hexagon like the stock ones)...
  14. Dustincoc

Will these fit a '87?

http://www.rangerframefix.com/1993-1997-truck-parts/frame-repair-channels-ranger-and-mazda-b-series.html The site says they fix '93 to '97. From my limite understanding, the Ranger frame stayed mostly the same from '83 to '97.
  15. Dustincoc

Custom core support - Gen1

The rad support is severly rusted out on my '87. I'm looking at building a new one. The damage: The plan so far: Blue is the framerails. Red is either going to be 1/8" or 3/16" x 3" steel plate. Magenta is the bottom of the rad support from an '88 caravan. Also planning on a vertical in...
  16. Dustincoc

Broke Exhaust Manifold bolts

I managed to snap off all 6 exhaust manifold to head bolts on the head last night. Anyone know of an easy way to get them out with the head on the engine. One snapped off just under the head of the bolt and the rest are flush with the flange on the head. All this just to drill out the manifold...
  17. Dustincoc

Pheonix - '87 2wd Ranger

Picked this up for $500 last fall, just got it home a week ago. The day after I bought it: Looks good on the surface but there's alot of hidden damage. Notice how you can't see the turn signal lights. Thats because the entire bottom of the radiator support is gone. Got the front tore apart...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad