• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mason_411

Front Clunking/ Poping noise

Hey guys, i have an 05 v6 4x4 with a superlift, i have this insane poping noise from the front end. it started after i had some serious suspension/ bushing sqeeking and sprayed everything with WD40. it happens when taking off from a stop, accelerating, and turning. it is most noticeable when...
  2. mason_411

Rumble strip sound only in 4x4

Hey guys my 05 has just started doing something strange. When I'm in 4x4 and going over 40mph I can randomly feel and here a grinding/rumbling noise that last maybe a half a second and is very similar to hitting the rumble strip on the highway shoulder. The tricky part is its a live axle so...
  3. mason_411

05 ranger budget lifts

So long time enthusiast of Rangers, sold my 94 a few years ago and finally got back into an 05 4x4 4.0. I know the discussion on lifting a torsion bar ranger has been beat to death. I know exactly what my options are and Ive explored them all. Looked into a long travel coil over option at first...
  4. mason_411

looking for general prerunner advice

Wow its been a while since ive posted here! not sure if you guys remember but this was my old ranger i think my build is in my bio... i sold that about a year ago and now i have a full stage 2 obs 7.3 f350 but am looking at getting another ranger and viewing their prerunner side. i have a...
  5. mason_411

making a 4" a 6+" in hopes of gearing to 35's NEED CHEAP IDEAS!

Right now my truck has 4" ttb drop brackets with 6" super flex coils (that droops to around 5" lift in front) and rear 4" blocks (i know "no bueno" but its cheap haha) on 33's with no gearing stock 4.0 and 5speed, but i am not exactly happy with my truck the way it is right now - under powered...
  6. mason_411

4d55 turbo diesel info

ok everyone knows they exists but no one seems to know much about um. ive read up on them over the past couple days as i am thinking of swaping one into my 94 4.0. i can get everything i need motor tranny transfer case innercooler the whole shebang for $600 which is a good deal to me. the only...
  7. mason_411

Which Online Site is Best To Buy From?

Just wondering what online site you guys use most to buy off road parts... i usually use Ebay or 4wheelparts but those are obvious. Anyone know of some sites with good RBV stuff for cheap?? I feel like this thread can be very handy to some people looking to start upgrading their RBV's but dont...
  8. mason_411

eb44 vs fw44 or other??? with leafs

ok so i got back from wheelin this weekend and sure enough my ttb 35 leaked out all of its fluid out and i think i heard it making some noise in 4 wheel drive but im not sure and cant check as my starter is fried. anyways if it is i may be in the market for a 44 sas. but i dont know too much...
  9. mason_411

The "Goldwing" Build Thread

well everyone else is making build threads so why not?? hahaha now before i start this i want to let you guys know that im only 16 (but have been wrenching since my fist fit in a 1" socket lol) so if you see something imdoing wrong or that may not be a good idea please bring it to my attention...
  10. mason_411

92 Explorer 4.0 in a 94 Ranger

hey guys i found a sweet deal on a 4.0 out of a 92 explorer with only 66k miles. i want to put it in my 94 ranger which was a 4.0. i got a couple questions though... 1) my truck is 4x4... not sure about the explorer. if its 2wd will it still work in my 4x4? 2) ELECTRICAL!!! haha Jut plug and...
  11. mason_411

4.0 manual to 4.0 auto wiring KEEPING MANUAL TRANS!!!

ok so my 4.0 ohv blew and im gunna put another 4.0 in. i found a steel on a 4.0 that had an automatic trans behind it. im keeping my 5 speed manual transmission so i will have to convert the block to accept a manual (change flywheel and pilot barring) but my question is is the wiring on the 4.0...
  12. mason_411

What does a 4bt swap take?

Ok so my 4.0 is out of my ranger and im having a hard time finding a good 4.0... but ive always wanted a 4bt ranger and my buddy has one sitting in his backyard. i know its a lot of work but my question it what all does it take? its a 94 4.0 v6 5 speed. what tranny do i need?(i want to avoid the...
  13. mason_411

Blown Lower Intake Gasket... Worth The Risk?

Ok so as some of you may know the ranger i bought for $1200 with a "blown head gasket" turned out to have a cracked block :bawling: But i recently found another 94 4.0 5 speed with a 6 inch lift on 31's 202k on body 130k on engine and 90k on the trans for $1500 for the whole truck, $500 for the...
  14. mason_411

Ideas for lift? tires? mods? HELP!

so i just bought my first ranger and i want to do a lift (4" suspension 3" body??) on it and some aggressive tires (35's??) and some small engine mods? ... or maybe more of a pre-runner approach? im not too sure im just looking for ideas (pics and info)... but im on a TIGHT budget!!! this truck...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad