• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. crankshaft pulley removal

I'm in process of replacing the leaking timing cover gasket. Trying to remove crankshaft pulley from the vibration damper and finding the bolts are REALLY hard to turn. Feels like they are going through rubber. Is this normal? Don't want to break them off. Thanks
  2. coolant leak/timing cover

OK. Noticed a bit of coolant on the ground a while ago and it looked like it was coming from the timing cover up by the H2O pump. Changed the pump but noticed the coolant again today.:annoyed: Does one of the bolts of the timing cover penetrate the water jacket? Why would coolant be coming...
  3. floorboard H20 mystery

The carpet on the drivers side stays wet. The heater core is on the passenger side and the wetness does not smell of coolant I'm thinking the water is associated with running the A/C but I cannot find a source of where it would be coming from. It is not a windshield leak or coming in through...
  4. overdrive switch

My overdrive button only works in P, R, N and 1. I can get it to work in Drive if I pull the shifter toward me. Is there a contact at the base of the shift lever that can be cleaned?
  5. P0401 won't go away!

Just bought this truck. 2001 Ranger, 3.0. Previous owner said EGR code came on with him and he replaced the EGR valve and the DPF sensor. I had in one day and the CEL came on and threw the P0401 code. Have replaced the egr solenoid, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the EGR tube and port...
  6. won't go past 3500 rpm

I was sitting in the driveway and noticed the engine miss a little when the a/c was on. Tried to rev the engine to see if it would even out and it would not go past 3500 rpm. Same with a/c off. Otherwise runs fine. Don't know if this is related but I have been having the PO401 blues...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad