• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. azaizai

Cut fenders, dif covers, etc (97 Ranger)

Well, its begun! Before and After shots Did it with a harbor freight 4.5" grinding wheel with a cutoff blade on it. Took a little getting used to, but once I got on a roll, it was no problem! Finally got my bumper installed...its not really made for a ranger (actually an exploder) but it...
  2. azaizai

23 tooth speedo gear

Hey there! I've got a 1997 4.0 v6 5spd 4wd Ranger. If I'm reading this correctly that means I have a M5OD transmission. I'm wanting to get a 23 tooth speedo gear...but summit has 3 available (for Fords). http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SDA-392STE17271D/...
  3. azaizai

direction of mods

Hey there... I feel like I've painted myself into a corner here. I basically stumbled upon some decent/cheap/free mods to make my ranger into a competent wheeler (welded d35, lockright and 31 spline 8.8, 33x12.50's) but I've managed to overdo it past where I wanted to be. I wanted to have a...
  4. azaizai

Flat Nasty 7/10/10

Hey got a few pics of our trip to Flat Nasty (http://www.flatnasty.net/Home.html). Had a really good time but couldnt get my trailer and tow rig down there so I had to take it easy. Which means good pics of other people having fun! I'm in a few pics (dirty ranger). Hopefully will have some pics...
  5. azaizai

1997 Ranger - Body Lift Before and Afte

Before: 2" Leveling Coils in front, 31X10.50's on 5x7" wheels After: 2" Leveling coils, 3" Body lift. 33x12.50's on 5x8" wheels Awesome stance now, imo. Those tires came pre-chopped (used) and ride like a freakin' tank...but when I go wheeling this weekend I'll never complain again!
  6. azaizai

Flat Nasty 7/9-7/11?

Just curious if anyone will be down there? I'm heading down with some friends who are bringing their friends and didnt know if any of them might be on the boards. It never ceases to amaze me what a small world it is...didnt know if TRS was the same way, lol
  7. azaizai

Lock Right Broken

Just how screwed am I? Going to start looking for replacement drivers (...or is that the coupler...). Just thought I'd ask and offer the pics since I didnt really see much in the search Thanks! Azaizai
  8. azaizai

Come Along stories

Greetings! Going on a fun wheeling trip to Flat Nasty in a weekend or so and I still dont have a winch. I'm looking to get a properly rated come along soonish and I every time I tell my friend that they laugh. Just curious if anyone had any good stories, helpful hints or whatever you feel like...
  9. azaizai

Airing Down and Wheel Width

So I have two potential setups, maybe three: Setup 1: 5 33x12.50 tires on 5 15x8" wheels Setup 2: 4 33x12.50 tires on 4 15X10" wheels with one of the 15x8"s as a spare. I'm going on a wheeling trip next weekend and there will be some crawling to be had. I'd like to air down a bit (15-20psi)...
  10. azaizai

y-pipe changes between '91 and '97

Heya, I'm wanting to replace the y-pipe on my '97 4.0 OHV 4x4 ranger. Online vendors have Y-pipes for 89-91 Rangers with 4.0 OHV's...but nothing for the later models. Think they're all the same? One I found had this under fitment My truck's an extended cab (not super) and I think its 125...
  11. azaizai

EGR = lean codes?

Quick question: If my EGR valve had a crack at the base (just before where it threads onto the tube with the dpfe lines that connects to the manifold)...would it cause a dual lean code (p0171, p0174) and audible misfire @ low rpm idle? I know that the DPFE is good (new from 6 mo's ago), the...
  12. azaizai

upper intake studs req: removal of intake?

Do i have to remove the plastic intake to tighten the studs for the fuel rail/upper intake? It would seem like it would be ok, but I dont wanna break a damn stud and have to go thru the trouble of finding/replacing it. Thanks! Matt
  13. azaizai

decisions, decisions (4.0 OHV heads)

So here's the delimma: I've got a cracked head(s) on my '97 4.0 OHV Ranger. I've got a deal thru O'reilly's for 2 heads, fully assembled for $175 a piece. I think the warranty is 1 year. I've got a deal thru a salvage yard for a full 4.0 OHV engine for 375 plus shipping. That includes a 90...
  14. azaizai

the shake down ends?

So I've been slowly getting my ranger up to snuff...and my front axle still acts like a lil odd when I'm in 4wd. I've got a 1997 with a 4 liter, and a dana 35 with manual hubs. I've changed the fluid (and found little wrong with the fluid when I did), I've checked all the ujoints, the pinion...
  15. azaizai

manual hubs locked = vibration

Hey guys, i've searched and searched and havent found anything quite matching my problem...maybe its just so easy, no one posted anything about it. 1997 Ranger, 4WD 4.0 OHV 5spd extended cab. Basically when I have the hubs locked, the front end vibrates (sounds similar to a wheel bearing going...
  16. azaizai

master cylinder connecter ends

anyone have to repair the metals ends to the 3 wires in the connecter to the master cylinder? I'd love some advice, a part number or a recommendation on how to approach trying to repair the lil terminal end. I got a code 14 (low fluid @ abs check) and my fluid is tip-top. I popped open the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad