• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. D44 SAS Caster Measurement?

My rig has always wandered a bit since the SAS and I am thinking my caster is off. Is there anybody out there that has the correct caster on thier D44 SAS that could check the angle for me? I was thinking that just for a quick sanity check I could check the angle across the vertical bolts on the...
  2. Losing power, Code 14 in ECM

Today I was out taking the rig for a drive. Under partial or full throttle the engine would start to bog and lose RPM. I brought it home and checked the codes. With the tool, I got codes 10, 11 and 14. 10 isnt listed 11 says test ok 14 is Ignition pickup was erratic - Ignition Systems From...
  3. Ignition switch gremlin

Over the last couple years, occasionally my dash gauges and radio would go off and then magically come back on again. It happened today after starting the truck. I moved the ignition switch a bit and everything came back to life, but I was unable to duplicate it. Could it be the key switch...
  4. Rear Sway Bar Width

I am looking for the width of the rear sway bar for a Ranger 8.8. What is the width from side to side where the links mount? Thanks! :icon_thumby:
  5. 63" Chevy's into B2... Need some advice!

63" Chevy's into B2... The Progress Continues I am just starting on my 63" swap. I got a set of Teraflex lift shackles, and 5.5" lift ProComp 63" springs. My goal was to lose the old Skyjacker springs and blocks and gain a bit of flex. I already pulled the overload and angle shim out of the...
  6. Broke Another 8.8... Upgrade Options?

Long story short, I destroyed another 8.8! :bawling: I am looking to upgrade but want to keep my ground clearance and 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Thinking a 35 spline 9 inch. Anybody have any tips or thoughts on this axle? Something better out there? Little info on what happend yesterday!
  7. New headlights...they shoulda come this way!

After a bit of work and some bezels from a BroncoII.org member... Im in the exclusive round headlight club :icon_thumby:
  8. Member in Grants Pass, OR?

This last weekend I was in Grants Pass, Oregon for a family reunion. While coming back from the cemetary, I spotted a olive drab chop top B2 with round headlights. It looked like an unfinished version of Rico9's. I put on a note on thier front door but never heard back from him. Anybody know who...
  9. Advice on suspension for a quicker offroad pace...

I am toying with the idea of trying something a bit quicker than rock crawling out in the desert. I currently have a FW D44/8.8 SAS, 35's, Skyjacker leafs out back and 5.5" progressive EB springs up front, finished off with Fox 2.0 Reservoirs all around. Looking to duplicate something like the...
  10. 91 4.0 OHV Oil Level Sensor

My 91 Sploder engine has a leaking oil level sensor. Its not from the gasket, I have already inspected it and even added a little RTV. It appears to be coming from inside where the wiring comes out. Two questions, is the one for a 91 and 93 the same part? Anywhere I can get it besides the...
  11. Anyone using a big inverter?

I need some advice guys. I came into a couple of bucks and have always wanted to put a welder in my rig. Not wanting one that needs a special alternator or multiple batteries has always kept me from getting one. When I was on the UA, Hobart had a Trek 180 mig that was completely portable. It was...
  12. 91 4.0 hitting rev limiter too early

I have a 91 4.0 in my B2. It has no codes, passed smog and runs well. However, in 1st and 2nd gear at WOT, it will hit the rev limiter at a little over 4500rpms. I have to back off the throttle just a bit and then it will shift. The tranny does have a shift kit, but I cant imagine the rev...
  13. Lets see the homebuilt roof racks.

Lets see those roof racks. I would like to build a very low profile one for my B2. I am thinking it will be similar to a land rover disco type. Mounts to the drip rails and could provide some side window protection and also hang down a bit in the front of the windshield to mount a couple of...
  14. A4LD will not shift in the morning.

I have an A4LD built to Explorer specs. Just recently it started having trouble shifting. In the morning, it will not shift and takes a couple of full throttle pulls to get it to shift. After that it works just fine. Any ideas or is it headed to the shop?
  15. New Ranger fenders from Kartek!

Check these out! When are they gonna start making them for the older body styles??? I want some! Look tree proof! http://www.kartek.com/Product/Fiberglass/Polyerethane.html
  16. Alternator modifid to put out 120VAC?

I am thinking outside the box and trying to come up with a power supply/onboard welder. I found a small 80A inverter stick welder that weighs only 8lbs. It will take 2400 Watts to run with an inverter and I cant find a reasonably priced one that is up to the task. The 2000 watt/4000watt peak...
  17. D44 Brake Upgrades?

Has anyone done a brake upgrade on a D44? I have a 79 D44, and the brakes seem to drag alot. Is there a better caliper and mount that can be used? More of a full floating design?
  18. My B2 FW SAS

Thought I would add some of the earlier pics before the SAS... 30's and 3" JD lift 32's 35's Took a couple of weeks to complete. 1979 D44 Mock up with 5.5 Wildhorse springs Modified JD buckets 4.88's and Lockrite Complete disc to disc 1989 F150 8.8 Gotta set the pinion angle and add...
  19. 4.0 swap wiring questions

4.0 swap wiring questions- No power to fuel pump I swapped a 91 Sploder 4.0 into my 86 B2. I am starting to do the wiring and have a few questions. How does the B2 fuse box get power? Secondly, I have a fused 16ga Orange wire and a fused 18ga Red wire that used to go to the starter relay. What...
  20. Need advice on vehicle registration and scrapping it!

I just picked up an Explorer for a 4.0 swap. The vehicle is in rough shape and I dont want to put any money into it. It needs to be registered within 10 days in California. I am going out on a trip in a two weeks and will need to get my trailer out of the driveway so I cant just let it sit torn...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad