• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Getting reacquainted

Hey guys, I was on here a while back building a 2.3 L 1971 VW single cab (truck). Well, I did get it built and in typical fashion for me, sold it. I bought a 1980 F-150 . I couldn't get past the 12-13 mpg and sold it. Today , I bought a 1997 ext cab ranger with a 2.3 L 5-speed . 120,000 miles...
  2. Lets see your camping vehicles!

That looks like "just add gas and hills fun"!
  3. intermittent dead miss

I posted this over in my build thread but haven't got a response, so I'm going to try here. I put an '87 2.3 in my VW truck. It uses the Ford ingition and coil and distributor. (Distributor has the vacuum advance). It's been running fine until a few days ago when I noticed an ever-so-slight...
  4. Unbalanced engine?

I've had my 2.3 ('87) bored out .030 and align bored. The machine shop said the crank only need polishing. I put it back together. I put the rods back in the same cylinders they came from. New pistons. Balanced flywheel. This engine cranks right away and idles like a dream. When it gets above...
  5. 2.3 L into 1971 VW single cab

Hey, my name is Mike. I've been getting information from the guys over in the 4-banger forum. I'm new to these engines as I've been into VW's for the last 10 years. I'm switching to the 2.3 for more HP and less problems. You would not believe the after-market crap that's out there for V'dubs! I...
  6. Lets see your camping vehicles!

Good luck with it. I'd like to see the final product.
  7. Lets see your camping vehicles!

I was just using it as an example. I didn't do any of the measuring/figuring. If I was making something like this for other people, I would want to use something like a heavy canvas. Good buys are out there.
  8. Lets see your camping vehicles!

Just a suggestion weezl. A lot of times on Ebay, the military surplus canvas is on sale. I would keep an eye out for it. Similar to- http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILITARY-TRUCK-HAY-TENT-TARP-VINYL-CANVAS-10-x-15-MILITARY-SURPLUS-ARMY-GROMETS-/320864143132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab4fe471c
  9. Lets see your camping vehicles!

Damn! It must've been the drugs! I just went through the thread again and realized I posted my truck in here twice. - so sorry. Anyway, for whoever asked about it being rare, they are hard to come by, but this one was on it's last leg. It was hit hard on the drivers side and the door still...
  10. Decals

I have several from this guy. "Beware of Owner" and "Nothing inside Worth Dying For". I used to have them on my VW camper bus just in case some fool got the idea I'm a peaceful hippie. Don't get me wrong I love peace -from a position of strength. http://readytodefend.com/ I also have this for...
  11. Lets see your camping vehicles!

I've posted this in a couple of other threads. I'm sitting here in bed feeling like crap from allergies wasting time. I'll be better for next weeks outing though! I'm putting a 2.3L out of a Mustang in it - soon. The machine shop should be done on Tuesday. Still have to fab some things - motor...
  12. Which pistons would YOU buy?

I have to get new pistons for my 2.3L. I'm changing to n/a from turbo. I've gone on Ebay and notice some big differences in price. I know Esslinger and others offer forged. There's also hyperuetectic (sp?) and cast. I'll be using the engine to pull my 1,000 lb. camper when I leave the rat race...
  13. How can I tell what engine I have?

The guy that sold it to me said it is a 2.3L out of an '85 Ranger. After looking through the sticky, I see that in '85 it's supposed to be a 2.0. It has a one-bbl carb- which I can't have! I'm looking for a better intake that will fit a round port head. Are there numbers that will tell me...
  14. Lets see your camping vehicles!

Ok, total newbie here BUT I'm soon to have a 2.3L Ranger engine in my truck -so no bad mouthin! My bug-out camper is 1,000 lbs, 1977 13' Trillium. Solar powered fridge and entertainment, propane powered furnace and stove, electric brakes and my Vdub is a 1-ton truck. Most people don't know that...
  15. The Black Sheep of the family

Hello, my name is Mike. I'm in Louisiana. I have 1985 2.3 engine. Yup, just an engine (well, the transmission came with it, too, but I'm not usin it). My project is putting it in a 1971 VW truck. I have all the conversion pieces I need. I am starting to look at the poor, pitiful engine that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad