• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Backfire and loss of power.

Hi ranger folks: Im looking for some direction. I dont have a lot of money so throwing parts at this is not for me. So here it is: 93 3.0 4x4 automatic. 93,000 km. I bought this truck and drove it home 4 hours. It runs good if youre on the gas but seems to lose speed if its just cruising. I...
  2. Clutch/ tranny problem

Hi. I have a 97 4.0 4x4 5 speed. 370,000 km. I have a shifting problem and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. From neutral when I try to go into first or reverse it is very hard to get it into gear. After first its hard to go into second and so on. It feels like the clutch...
  3. Parts swap

Hi everyone... So here is my question...I have a 97 ranger xlt, 4.0 L ,2 wd.5 speed standard.The tranny is pretty well done. Sticks in 4th,wont go into 2nd sometimes.Makes bad noises etc. So, i found another 97 xlt 4.0 online. Its a 4x4 xlt,5 speed std, reg cab.My plan is to take any good...
  4. Transmission needed

Hi everyone.wondering if anyone around Toronto has a good trans for my 97 4.0 standard.Mine is doing crazy things and making crazy noises...Or if someone can point me in the direction of a rebuild shop... Thanks
  5. Tranny swap

97 ranger xlt 2wd 4.0 std odometer shows 308500 Hi everyone.I bought my ranger a couple months ago.The transmission makes a whinning sound in 1st,2nd,3rd,and 5th gears.In 4th it is barely noticeable.So im thinking its prolly gonna fall out the bottom at any time...It still shifts well but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad