• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. danger88ranger

Driveshaft for M50D swap

I'm getting ready to swap my blown FM-145 for a M50D and have a few questions about the driveshaft lengths. I measured the lengths of both transmissions and the M50D is shorter. Where can i get a longer driveshaft for the rear and a shorter for the front?
  2. danger88ranger

Snow

Well it snowed in NE Ohio this week quite a bit which isn't usual for this time of year. But hey, snow means snow wheelin, and thats what I managed to accomplish. Hopefully it snows some more this week to make it a bit more challenging. Anyhow, on with the pics. Enjoy :icon_cheers:
  3. danger88ranger

At the farm

Was at my farm today and got to flexin' a bit and decided to stop and take some pics and an exhaust video. The exhaust is 2.5 from the manifold back with a cherry bomb w/o a converter exiting before the rear tire with a 3" tip. Enjoy :icon_cheers:
  4. danger88ranger

EGR/non-EGR differences on the 2.9

The wiring harness on my truck is pretty messed up, currently my tps sensor wiring is faulty(i pulled codes), my fuel pumps are direct wired, and a few other misc. things that have really bugged me. I went to the local yard today and found a 90 ranger with a 2.9. I know these are non-egr motors...
  5. danger88ranger

Transmission on 90 ranger?

So i went to the local yard today to look and see whats there. I came across a 90 ranger 4x4 with a 2.9. I opened the doors and it had a 1354 transfer case. Does this also have an m50d too? How can i find out?
  6. danger88ranger

Eff this guy

I found this link on b2.org and about cried. Then the idiot goes on to explain how bad it handles and rolls it over because he obviously has no idea it's based of a RANGER and not a porshe. I wish that thing would have came back and bit him in the arse for that. :flipoff::pissedoff...
  7. danger88ranger

FM145 and FM146 transmission differences

So my FM145 won't stay in first gear, and my clutch is slipping. I found a FM146 for sale but i wanted to know if their was a difference between them. If so, what do i need to make it work?
  8. danger88ranger

Best way to remove manifold studs?

I have an 87 ranger with a 2.9 and a rusted out h-pipe. I bought a y-pipe and made a custom flange at the end of it to run a single 2.5 pipe to a high flow cat and a cherry bomb running out before the rear tire. I was looking at my manifold studs today and was wondering if the studs thread into...
  9. danger88ranger

Ok guys, i really need help on this

I got an 87 ranger with a 2.9, i just finished up my cab swap and now its not running so well. When you start it up it runs like a top, i'll get on the road and it will continue to run....until the hills. Everytime i go up a hill and have to rev it out over the hill in 2nd and 3rd it starts to...
  10. danger88ranger

2.9 not running so well

Ok guys, since i got my truck together everytime i start it up it runs fine but within the first minute or so it sputters and runs on 3-4 cylinders. The vacuum gauge drops considerably and stays until its back running to normal. I've recently installed a new air filter, coil pack, and have 8.5mm...
  11. danger88ranger

Overheating 2.9

I just got my truck together, its an 87 ranger 4x4 blah blah blah. Anyhow, i bought an electric fan for it to replace the garbage clutch fan that was on it. When its running the temp gauge goes almost all the way up the "normal" heat zone. I have flushed the system, put a 180 degree thermostat...
  12. danger88ranger

Tubing thickness?

I'm getting ready to build a tube bumper for my truck. I'm building it similar to Copykat's bumper. Main tube will be 2" and the rest will be 1 3/4". I'm going to order the tubing next week but whats a good wall thickness? .065, .120, .125, .188, . 250, or .375 are my options. Thanks
  13. danger88ranger

ranger problems

I'm finishing up the cab swap on my ranger. It's an 87 with a 2.9, manual trans and transfer case. When i took the truck apart and i took the inertia swtich out i hit the reset button on accident. Anyways, it won't start after i got it all together. Is the switch the reason why it won't start?
  14. danger88ranger

What exhaust setups are legal?

I have an 87 ranger and it's been under the knife for quite some time now. Anyways, its almost done and road legal, my question is about the exhaust. I want to run a side exit exhaust that ends before the rear tire. Is that legal or no? BTW, i live in OH so if anyone knows chime in.
  15. danger88ranger

Vote People!!!!!

I just voted as of 12:53 pm and we are #5. Vote and get us back up in the top 3!
  16. danger88ranger

FM145 shifter bushing?

I bought an 87 ranger in October, when i got it the shifter was removed and the bushing that goes on the end of the shifter was missing? Where can i get a new bushing and are they difficult to install? Thanks
  17. danger88ranger

Pic of a 2.9 motor

Like the title says, i need a pic of a 2.9 motor and everything around it. When i bought my 87 the front end was apart and so was everything mounted on the inner fenders. I need a pic so i can figure out where everything mounts.
  18. danger88ranger

How to disconnect harness at firewall?

I'm in the middle of a cab swap, im takin my 88 reg cab 2wd and putting it on an 87 reg cab 4wd. Right at the moment i'm trying to get the main harness disconnected at the firewall, by the brake booster and slave cylinder. How do you get this disconnected? Its the only thing at the moment thats...
  19. danger88ranger

Cab swap help

Well i started on a cab swap. I'm swapping out an 87 reg cab 4wd with a 2.9 with a cab from an 88 2.0 2wd ranger. Do i need to yank out all the dash wiring on the 87 and put it in the 88? I know its EFI and all, but what about the B.S stuff like the instrument cluster and everything on the...
  20. danger88ranger

87 ranger build

Picked up an 87 ranger the other day. 2.9, fm145, manual transfer case. The motor and trans have 10,000 miles on them, and the transfer case is new. Heres what its getting: tires+wheels, 3 inch body lift, herculined interior, transfer case linkage, core support, front and rear bumpers, interior...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad