• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Snap shots of Bronco II growing up, 8 years

Just finished the Boxliner and Body armor version of the Bronco. (the last pic). The bronco was purchased in 2003 and it has been a steady fight against body damage and rust to keep her wheelin. As you can see.
  2. Video of Bronco Playing in snow

Finally got the Bronco Out again after some major upgrades still snow up around the mountians. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRGhGlPoejA
  3. Jeep dana 30 i want the best

I have done a Dana 30 which I just recently replaced with a built D44. I removed a D28 to install a 30 which I had for cheap with the right gears etc. You likely won't find junk yard gears for a 30 that will match your 3.73 gears in the rear. So now you need to buy a new set of 3.73 gears...
  4. Another D44 straight axle install.

This is the results of this thread http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69753 So it is a custom width Dana 44 that orginally was a from an 83 dodge 1/2 ton. Inside -Superior Chromo Axles (chevy outers/03 jeep rubicon 44 short inner/EB long inner length) -Spicer u joints...
  5. Dana 44 gears don't fit. Different pinion length?

It turned out to be a miss packaged box. The part number on the outside was right wrong part in the box. From measuring up the actual gears it looks like it was a 2003-2006 rubicon D44 set.
  6. Long term test results for 1354 T-case doubler (8 years)

Originally I was "2caseB2" on this forum. The write up on the tech board of the cable shifted 1354 transfercase doubler is mine. I took that doubler out for some updates and repairs and I needed to replace my old 1350 transfercase with a 1354 so I could have a decent front driveshaft. Since...
  7. Dana 44 gears don't fit. Different pinion length?

Just got a set of 4.11 Superior Gears for my LP D44. They don't fit. The stock pinion length (83 dodge dana 44) is about .4" longer than the new gears. The New gear measures 5.6" from were the large pinion bearing would bottom out to the step down where the yoke splines begin. The original...
  8. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

I already have gears worked out for a good deal. But thanks
  9. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

I ended up going with a LP dana 44. The dodge Dana Housing is narrowed, pinion angled up 10 deg more than stock, and housing moved to drivers side. The following parts have been ordered, an Aurburn ECTED. Superior Chromo Axles and Spicer 760 u joints with full circle snap rings. To get the...
  10. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

I know the TJ with its low pinion and 4.88 gears likes to eat teeth. I just wonder how many stock gear ratio (4.10 or less) HP Dana 30 gears ever let go before the good shafts break. It is a poll I should probably post on a jeep furom, might have some interesting answers. I have my doubts...
  11. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

Yes my D30 is narrowed 3". I tried it under the truck full width for mockup and did not like how far it put the tires out (daily driver street truck with 33" tires on 5x8 3.5" BS at the time with the stock width bronco II 7.5"). The leaf springs would not fit directly under the frame like I...
  12. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

Did you have stock 27 spline outers and hubs to go with that OX and 30 spline inner shafts? If so did that outer shaft (at the splines) break first or the shaft U joint ears. The fuse idea is good, just would not want to have the outer shaft u joint ears breaking off and destroying the nice...
  13. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

slammer67... Thanks for the pics. I assume that is a narrow track waggy axle, yes? My Springs centered under the frame are on a 28" center spacing. With My current YJ Dif narrowed 3" it pulls the center chunk under the center of the truck and it looks much like your mount does, mostly on the...
  14. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

I have looked into the narrow track/wide track waggy axle, but my leaf spring ends up almost on top of the dif if I keep the springs mounted under the frame like they are (which seems to be the best spot for tire clearance with a narrow axle).
  15. Super Dana 30/Hybrid Dana30.44/Dana 44hp/Dana44lp which option?

Need some help, which option. The Current Combo 87 Bronco II, 5.0L H0, C4 trans, BW Dual Tcase doubler, explorer 8.8LSD rear, Narrrowed (3") Dana YJ HP dana 30 on leaf springs. 35" MTR's. Usage-narrow/off camber trails and rocks, no more lift than required to clear tires and close to stock...
  16. Axles for ranger(Debate)

Maybe I missed something, but the thread started out with a mention of taking out a dana 28 and installing a dana 30. And somehow it went straight to 1 ton running gear. I have a Bronco II with a 5.0L swap, dual t-cases and 35" tires. I have a dana 30 in the front and a 8.8 explorer in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad