• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RobinHood

Replacing bushings on extended radious arms

To replace the bushings on the frame side of the radius arm, do l have to remove it completely from the truck, .... or can l drop the bolted in superlift brackets and replace it? l assume the reason the manual says to completely remove it is because the stock carrier is riveted in. But with it...
  2. RobinHood

Location of power PCM on 94 4x4 4.0

l wasnt getting much traffic in the 4.o forum, so l moved this here... Without any rhyme or reason, my truck will decide it does not want to start after being hot. Then after a minute or tow with everything turned off, it will start up with no problem. As you can imagine, this happens at the...
  3. RobinHood

Location of PCM power Relay on 94 4x4 4.0

Without any rhyme or reason, my truck will decide it does not want to start. As you can imagine, this happens at the most inconvenient times. l have done my research on the board and feel that it is exaclty what is described in this thread...
  4. RobinHood

With the Exploere leaf swap... what main leaf is better

l have looked over old threads, but have been unable to locate an exact answer. Do l want to use the Explorer pack with the two long leafs from the Ranger pack mixed in? -or- Is it the other way around? l would like to be arounf 2.5" of lift. Thanks in advance:icon_thumby:
  5. RobinHood

Compatabilty of 3" flanges on transfer case and 8.8 axle for 1 piece DS swap

l posted this in another section, but it isnt getting much traffic... since my other driveshaft questions were answered here, i figured l would repost it here... AS l am swapping in my new aluminum one pirce driveshaft, my smaller 2.5 yoke breaks on me. So l am headed to the junkyard Monday...
  6. RobinHood

Is the 3" flange from a 8.8 the same as the transfer case 3" flange?

AS l am swapping in my new aluminum one pirce driveshaft, my smaller 2.5 yoke breaks on me. So l am headed to the junkyard Monday but had a question... Is the output flange on the 8.8 axle (the 3" one) interchangeable with the flange on the BW1354 electric transfer case? Can l take the flange...
  7. RobinHood

Leaf springs from an Early Bronco in a Ranger

Does anyone have any experience with this? l dont know the measurements, width, etc... but there is a guy in my local club with a set of leaf springs from a 1974 Bronco l can have for free. l was curious if they would swap in to the Ranger and if they would provide any lift, if it would be...
  8. RobinHood

When you have time, l would like Photoshop'd paint job

Hey guys... l have seen some of the work here on the site and you guys do a great job. When you get some free time can you paint my truck in two different colors: olive drab green (flat) & desert sand. Then if you would, on the stock paint job, fill in the rear quarter panel from the middle of...
  9. RobinHood

Oil change suggestions, types, weight, synthetic?

IS there a link or tech page describing what types, brands, weight of oil the majority of 4.0 owners are using? If not, l would like to get a feel for what everyone is using... when l change my oil it has never been a thing of commitment to one brand or type, just whatever is on sale when it is...
  10. RobinHood

Welding a 90* angle with square tubing

l am in the process of building a small offroad trailer to pull behind the Ranger... my question is with square tubing when you join two pieces to create a 90* angle is it better to: -cut two 45* angles and weld the seam -or- -Weld the 90* by sticking one onto the other then capping the open...
  11. RobinHood

Question about touchy shifting

l sometimes have difficulty getting the truck to go into first gear when starting from a dead stop. For example: if l roll to a complete stop in nuetral, when i go to put the truck back into first, there is resistance against the shifter. However, if l: put a little force into it will go...
  12. RobinHood

"Click" sound when brake pedal is pressed

Does anyone know what may cause the brake pedal to "click" when the brake pedal is depressed? It is not a constant clicking, but one simple "click" as soon as the slightest pressure is put on the pedal? If l continue to press the pedal the same distance repeatedly, it will continue to click...
  13. RobinHood

Truck pulls to passenger side when hard braking

Pretty much just like the title says: When l get on the brakes ... the truck veers to the passenger side. l have researched the site and found that this can be caused by loose suspension components... My questions is... are there specific parts l should be looking into? l plan to go through...
  14. RobinHood

Bulge in drivers side front brake line

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It appears as if my brake line has cancer or something. l just noticed it today so l am not sure how long it has been like this. These are the chevy brake lines that a few guys have used to extend the lines after a lift... l will be replacing it, but...
  15. RobinHood

Custom front crossmember

l remember seeing a thread with some guys that modified or built their own crossmember to replace the extremely large stock on on the 93-97 Rangers. Unfortunately l cannot find the thread... does anyone know the link or have pictures of what they did to replace the stock one...
  16. RobinHood

Driveshaft or driveline question- one piece swap

l have read throught the various posts on the site about the swap... l am picking up a drive shaft tomorrow from a 2001 Ranger Ext. cab for the one piece swap. My question is... what parts should l be removing as well? Should l be taking the flange from the donor vehicle off the T-case as well...
  17. RobinHood

Chevy spring swap- one piece drive line or not?

l have been researching the Chevy spring swap and cannot find any definite answers on whether a one piece drive shaft in required? Does it only apply once a certain amount of lift is reached? If so, what is that limit? One other question... my truck has the standard "gangstar lean" on the...
  18. RobinHood

Replacing the boot on my steering linkage

l cannot find anything in my manuals discussing how to replace the boot, dust cover, or what ever you call it on the drag link In my infinite wisdom l used a pickle fork to spread the drag link from the pitman arm and it ruined the boot. Is it hard to change out... any links or thoughts... thanks
  19. RobinHood

Flowmaster 40 series vs. Flowmaster super 44

What is the difference between the two mufflers? Is it a sound thing, HP, or what? l am looking into new exhaust and was curious what the difference would be in relation to the 4.0. Thanks
  20. RobinHood

Homebrew homemade superrunner type steering setup

Does anyone have any links or pics of homemade setups? A while back l came across a link to one with a list of parts (l think) and a writeup, but now l cannot find it. Anyone have any thoughts, experience, links etc...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad