• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fired Up The V8 Ranger !!

Fired up the motor yesterday. My truck is a 90 Ranger Xcab, 306 fully built, C4 trans. I bought the motor from a friend who built it for his street/ strip mustang. Made 4 passes on the motor the best run being 12.24@117. The motor has around 150 miles on it. I need to clean up some wiring and...
  2. 90 Ranger Reverse Light Wiring

I need to hook up my reverse lights to my B&M shifter. My truck came originally with a 5 speed. How are the wires set up on the factory plug, hot-open-hot, ground-open-ground ? Anybody know the wire colors for the reverse lights on the factory 5 speed plug? Thanks.
  3. Alternator Mounting

I have the F.E.A.D. off of a 83 Lincoln Town Car. I choose this one for the serpentine belt. But after putting it on my truck i don't like how the driver side is cluttered. I want to move the altenator to the lower passenger side. What brackets off of what vehicle do i need to do this? I made a...
  4. C4 And Tri Y Interference Problems

I installed my motor and got my motor plates straight, after making 2 sets. I decided to install my tri y's to make sure they cleared my frame and steering, they clear everything. BUT, i have the flex sheild on the motor, the spacer between the trans and motor. Before i could tighten the back...
  5. Factory Tach Wire Color

I wanted to retain the stock tach and fix it to work with my 302. But i totally forgot about the wire for the tach coming off the motor, and i cut the wires next to blower motor. What color wire is the tach wire? Where is located in the harness? I can still get to the wires that go to the ecm...
  6. Fuel Lines

I'm gonna use my stock pump for now when I do my swap. What do you do with the fuel return line? I know the one going to the evap box isn't that important. I have a regulator to bring the pressure down. Just not sure what to do with the stock lines.
  7. A4LD Issue On 3rd & O/D

A4LD Issue I recently bought a 1990 Ranger with a 2.9 automatic. Motor runs like new. The trans is a problem. It shifts into reverse perfect, first and second shift is perfect also. But theres no third or o/d. The previous owner said the trans just stopped working one morning. He said there...
  8. 302 Swap In The Works Got Some Questions

Got the motor and trans, 306 with a C4 with a 3800 converter. Its replacing the tired 2.9 with a 5 speed. Got the tri y's for now. Have the altenator and ps brackets. But i have a few questions. I did research, yes the search button. But some questions i didn't find the answers i needed. Here...
  9. Rear End Identification Help

I picked up a 8.8 from a 1990 4.0 ranger. The door was gone so i couldn't get any info from it. I looked at the tag on the rear end but CANNOT find any info to help identify it. Heres the tag numbers, S 326 A 08 8.8 0F26 Any help would appreciated. Thanks :icon_cheers:
  10. Lund Cab Extender

I had a Lund cab extender for my 90 ranger for years. I had it stored at my dads when i sold my ranger around 10 years ago. Well i aquired another 90 ranger and went to get the cab extender along with my djm drop beams. He threw it all away some time back and never told me :icon_surprised:. They...
  11. Rim B.S. And Width "Street Tires"

I'm wanting to order a set of 15" rims for my 90 xcab ranger. I want to run some MT DR's on the rear. I'm not sure what's the widest 15" rim and backspacing I can run though. I don't mind trimming the fender lip. Im thinking of running some 25"-26" tall tires on the rear and some regular street...
  12. Complete Interior Redo

I recently purchased a 1990 Ranger Xcab. The interior is basically shot, from top to bottom. I found several replacement parts from LMC. I found the replacement carpet, headliner, and several plastic pieces. The seats are shot, so i'm not sure what i'm gonna do with that just yet. The one thing...
  13. New To Site, V8 Swap In Future

Hello to all, my name is John. I just scored a 1990 Ranger Xcab 2.9 Liter, 5 speed for $400. Body is a lil banged up, but i do body work so no biggy. Interior is basically shot, gonna need new carpet, headliner, seats, and possibly a new dash " it has a few small cracks in it". But to have the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad