• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tony Raine

Anyone use an "Early Bronco"-type transmission mount?

The running gear i have in my 84 BII originally came from an 76 or 77 bronco. The PO bought the AA adapter to mate an np435 to the stock EB T-case. So now i have this funky mount with 2 bushings that sit at an angle, unlike the other trans with a nice flat mount. I already have a new set of...
  2. Tony Raine

Ranger Diesel Q: Can the block be sleeved?

My boss knows where a ranger diesel is sitting. It was parked in a field 15+ years ago with no hood and no air cleaner. Today he asked me what I knew about them. I showed him the specs in the tech library, and a few threads I found in a search. Its a non-turbo perkins 2.2 in a 2wd ranger...
  3. Tony Raine

Quick Q: outer axles the same on TTB and Solid 44?

i should have specified, all axles involved are full-width. and i think he is planning on upgrading his steering when he does the swap.
  4. Tony Raine

sweet, thanks! those "disc brake kits" for older 44's are like $500-800. I can piece together my own "kit" for this guy, sell it for about $200, and use the money toward the axles.
  5. Tony Raine

long story short, i know a guy that has a complete FW 44/9 combo. his friend wants everything from knuckles out for his drum brake 44 i have a fw solid 44 with no shafts, and outer shafts from a TTB 44 ultimate goal is to piece together a "disk brake conversion" for his friend, so i can get...
  6. Tony Raine

New cap for the F150

I love it! truck rides smoother and quieter too. its a Leer 100 xl
  7. Tony Raine

Building frame from scratch? Input desired

Its cold outside, and my B2 is outside. Time to daydream.... Inside, where its warm. I know my stock frame is not going to last forever. I also know that it looks like 2 wet noodles were used as a model for its creation. So I have decided to design a replacement frame. Something simple...
  8. Tony Raine

Just what I need, another project

a friend of mine picked up a couple dirtbikes out of a guys barn. he kept 2 for himself (a ktm and a newer honda 70 for his son), and sold me the old one. its a suzuki 125 "prospector" on/off road motorcycle. its around a 1975 model. paint's good, chrome has some surface rust. 4 speed with...
  9. Tony Raine

Clutch replacement question for v8/np435 combo

pretty soon i will be pulling the '77 302 and np435 for the last time before it goes in for good. before i put it back in, i figure i might as well throw on a new clutch and throwout bearing, but i have very little knowledge in this area. -is there a specific clutch and throwout bearing for...
  10. Tony Raine

Big old ramsey winch?

Friend of mine has a big, old ramsey winch that he doesn't need. anyone know anything about them? the motor doesn't mount right off the spool, it has this weird ovalish housing that the motor mounts to. next time i'm over there, i'll dig it our of the back of his shed and get some pics. he...
  11. Tony Raine

dana 44 full width question

link is in my sig! mine is definitely a "work in progress". I'm sure I'll make a few more mistakes before its all done, haha. oh yeah, if my math is correct.... if you started with an RBV axle with 15x10 rims with 4" backspacing and 12.5" wide tires, and swapped in a fullwidth 44 with the...
  12. Tony Raine

D44 ttb

hey, if i didn't ask a TON of stupid questions, i wouldn't have an awesome pile of parts (and the knowledge) to swap it all in
  13. Tony Raine

D44 ttb

then what about the rear? the only full-width rear axle i know of with a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern are the early 80's dodge's, and i'm not 100% sure on that. being armpits-deep in an axle swap right now, i have found that rims are the cheapest part of the swap besides the weaker hubs, smaller...
  14. Tony Raine

D44 ttb

i dont know if you can, but it would completely defeat the purpose of swapping in a 44 TTB
  15. Tony Raine

dana 44 vs dana 60

60 is better they are about the same width you can cut down just about any solid axle tire coverage depends on your state law
  16. Tony Raine

Radius arm bracket location - FW SAS

swapping a 78-79 FW dana 44 into my '84 Bronco II I am needing some advice on how to make sure the holes i drill for the radius arm brackets are in the right place. on the driver's side, i found this hole that puts the axle right under the coil bucket (as measured with a homemade "plumb bob")...
  17. Tony Raine

Is it possible to run 3 link with leaf springs??

if you want links and leafs, search for threads about "quarter elliptical" suspension oh yeah, coils are cheap. you can grab stock rear coils out of a number of vehicles, and mount them at whatever height you want.
  18. Tony Raine

Quick Q: Direction of 'stang mounts

Stud toward the front or rear? 84 BII, 302 swap, '85 stang 'vert mounts. searched a bunch of threads, but "stang mounts" brings up a ton of reading material. Thanks!
  19. Tony Raine

Front axle: how far forward with stock steering box?

my '79 dana 44 has some aftermarket spring mounts welded on 3" behind the axle centerline. i have a feeling that this is too much for the stock steering box with a drop pitman arm. think it will work?
  20. Tony Raine

Question about installing engine/trans/t-case as a unit

So, after not being able to install everything with just the hoist, i got a "load leveler." Here is my setup: Turns out, those back chains get in the way of scooting the engine all the way back I have an engine lift plate, and the leveler came with 4 short chains with tabs. I also have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad