• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Railer150

302/AOD Motor Mount/ Header Combo?

Well i finished my SBC swap into my 86' a few years ago and now another ranger is getting a swap but alot easier since its a 302 with an AOD, Anybody know what motor mount and header combination will work well without much interference? The truck is a 93 2WD.
  2. Railer150

86' Ranger Radius Arms

Well long story short i need a set of new radius arms for my ranger left and right, but all i can find is 89' and up radius arms including LMC truck, was wondering if anybody knew of where i could acquire a new pair
  3. Railer150

Replacement I-Beam Coil Spring Retainer Bolt

Hello Forum, I am fighting removing the bolt at the bottom of my 86' rangers coil spring, i have tried heat and PB Blaster and it still wont budge. does anyone know where i can get a replacement bolt, if i could just cut the old one off and put a new bolt in it would make things alot easier.
  4. Railer150

Transmission Crossmember Bushings

Hello All, Since my truck is being lowered soon, my cross-member has blown bushings and i know they are non-serviceable but i was wondering if i switch to the cross member from illusive fabrication, will i have to change my trans mount since there are no bushings in it, i have Turbo 350...
  5. Railer150

86' DJM I-Beam Ball Joint Question

Im about to install the DJM dream beams on my 2wd 1986 Ford Ranger and was wondering if the ball joints were actually pressed into the spindle or pressed into the beam
  6. Railer150

Preparing to drop 86' Ranger

Hello, Im preparing to drop my 86' ranger, and was wondering if anybody ran into any real problems when doing the dream beams or flipping the rear axle with the flip kit, all of it shouldnt take me more than a day but im hoping it will be easily done in my driveway on jack stands. any...
  7. Railer150

Offset and Backspacing with Lowered Gen 1 ?

I have an 1986 Ford Ranger Longbed with a Small Block Chevy swapped in and next on my list was lowering both front and rear. i have the beams for the front and i plan on getting the flip kit for the rear but I'm having a hard time picking the best offset/backspacing for 15" wheels. i want to be...
  8. Railer150

Mechanical Fuel pump with sending unit?

Hello Everybody, i have a simple question about fuel delivery on my small block Chevy in my ford ranger, Basically i have removed the high pressure fuel pump and replaced it with a mechanical fuel pump. The fuel pressure is regulated before it gets to the mechanical fuel pump but i was...
  9. Railer150

ProStar Wheels on 86' Stock Ranger

Hello, Kinda stuck on which kind of wheels will fit my ranger, im basically swapping on 15x8 Summit Racing Fast-Five Aluminum Wheels and i was wondering what backspacing and offset a Gen-1 ranger usually requires as i am a novice when it comes to this. Any input is greatly appreciated :)...
  10. Railer150

86' Ford Ranger SBC Swap (Finished W/ Pics)

Hello Everybody, Finally finished my 350 swap into my 2WD Gen 1 Ranger and only took about a little over a week. Only real major problems i had were that I had to modify the heater box for clearance and modify the firewall for distributor removal while the motor was in the truck. Mounts...
  11. Railer150

350 Build Started, Need info on parts list

Got the 86' ranger ready for the swap and have parts list but need some feedback on the parts of they are correct or not. any info is greatly appreciated thank you Fuel Regulator http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnafuel/665/MP-9633/10002/-1 Electric Fan Kit...
  12. Railer150

Cab, Door, and Bed Repair, Need Advice

Alright i took my 1986 2WD Ranger out for a spin before i drop the chevy V8 in it and well i got slammed in the driver's side and messed quite alot up. So i need some basic guidance on where to start and what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. the bed is pushed down on the drivers...
  13. Railer150

86 Ranger Chevy V8 Fuel Delivery

Well i got the v8 all ready, all i really need help on now is what fuel regulator should be used and if any modifications are needed with the stock fuel lines, I still have the same setup from the stock 2.9. The new engine is just a regular Chevy 350 carbureted with a mild cam.
  14. Railer150

1986 Ford Ranger 2WD Chevy 350 Swap

Hello Everybody I have a 1986 Ford Ranger 2WD awaiting a Chevy 350 to be put in it and I was wondering if anybody knew what radiator to use and if anybody here has done it before what kind of motor mounts were used or the specifications the mounts were fabbed to so the 350 would fit correctly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad