• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Black P-38

Goodbye Silver Bullet...

Well guys, I hate to say it but it's the end of the line for the Silver Bullet... Due to needs for a multi use smaller SUV and a lack of funds I am abandoning the project. I have run out of financial resources and been out of work over 6 months. With only my wife's Mustang, I needed both a...
  2. Black P-38

Gen II 2wd 95-97 front brake upgrade...

After looking into improved brake options for my 2wd V-8 Ranger project I read up on the info here regarding the 95-97 twin piston caliper upgrade for front brakes. As mentioned in the Sticky, the later model brakes utilize a replaceable bracket to mount the calipers to the spindles, making...
  3. Black P-38

Gas lifts for GenII hood?

Anyone know if there is a kit to install gas lifts on a Gen II hood or will I have to design my own brackets and figure out what length to buy and where to mount them? Getting tired of the stupid prop rod plus it's always in my way... Anyone done this??? Thanks, Mike
  4. Black P-38

Upgrading rear brakes to 10 inch question...

I'm gathering parts for the 10" rear brake upgrade on my 91 Ranger V-8. Is there any reason why backing plates from a 95 wouldn't work? I haven't had any luck locating 90 to 94 10" backing plates. Thanks, Mike
  5. Black P-38

'93 up rear bumper on '91???

I searched but couldn't find anything so I'll ask here. Has anyone installed a '93 or newer rear bumper on their '89-'92 Ranger? If so how did you do it and do you have any pics you can share? I really like the looks/shape of the newer bumper but haven't been able to get under a later model...
  6. Black P-38

Replacing rag joint with U-joint Question...

Looking to gain a little more header clearance on my '91 2wd V8 swap by replacing the rag joint with an aftermarket U-joint, anyone done this? Is the manual steering box input shaft 3/4" - 36 spline? Check out this trick U-joint... Any pics would be great! Thanks guys, Mike
  7. Black P-38

Location of VR sensor on '91 2.3?

Hey guys, can anyone tell me where on my 2.3 I can find the VR sensor for the crank trigger EDIS ignition? Also, does anyone know if the VR sensor is the same regardless of the # of cylinders? I know the 4, 6 and 8 have dedicated EDIS modules but I'm thinking the VR sensors are basically the...
  8. Black P-38

Leaf springs, Gen I and Gen 2 Rangers

I have three 2wd regular cab short box Rangers. My '91 is my V-8 swap project and has very soft leaf springs, my '87 does also but my '86 has very firm/stiff leafs. I'm thinking of swapping the '86 leafs onto the '91 'cause I want to build it for corner carving. I'd swear the spring code on the...
  9. Black P-38

Cluster Swap, '92 w/tach into '91 tachless Ranger

Anyone done this? Any advice before I rip things apart? My truck will be a V-8 swap, how can I make the factory tach read correctly for the V-8? Will the gauges work the same with the original sending units? What's the deal with the little removable circuit board on the left rear of the...
  10. Black P-38

Rear brake upgrade...

Hey guys, I'm in the early stages of a '91 Ranger 2wd V-8 swap. I plan on keeping the 7.5" rear as I'll be at a low power level, around 225 hp and wont be thrashing on it. I'll be removing the unit for a "bench" limited slip install, general inspection/freshening of the internals as well as a...
  11. Black P-38

Goodbye 2.3 4 cylinder...

I got started on Project Silver Bullet today. Here's a few pics as promised... How's this for light??? Block with a pair of bare heads... lift it with one hand!!! No BS, these things are LIGHT!!! Mike In goes the mock-up motor... No oil filter worries... I'm happy with the...
  12. Black P-38

5.0 plans may change...

With the price of gas going insanely high here on the Oregon Coast, ( I run premium in my Lightning and paid $4.48 yesterday :dunno: ), I'm thinking of ditching the 302 idea for a smaller, lighter V8. I've been looking into a Buick/Olds/ Pontiac/ Rover aluminum 215 V8 and wondered if anyone has...
  13. Black P-38

Hard bed cover...

Anyone have a hard cover on their Gen I/II short box? Love to see some pics if ya have 'em. Also, if anyone has one for sale/trade, let me know... Thanks, Mike
  14. Black P-38

For those thinking T-5 trans...

My V-8 swap plans include using a T-5 to transmit as much power as possible to the pavement. Finding a good used trans can be a challenge, here's what happened to me... I recently purchased what was advertised as a T-5 World Class trans from a '92 5.0 Mustang. I expected to receive a T-5 with a...
  15. Black P-38

15 x 8 " wheels with 275/60's on Gen 1 Ranger?

I have been driving myself crazy researching an affordable wheel/tire combo for my Gen 1 2wd Ranger. I think I have decided on a set of 15 x 8" American Racing Outlaw 1 wheels, (5 on 4 1/2), with Toyo Proxes S/T's in a 275/60-15 size. Anyone know if these will fit? The rims have a 3.75" back...
  16. Black P-38

One track mind...

Thought you guys might get a kick outta these pics. I took them today just down the road from my place, near the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. I call it Traxpedition... How cool is this thing??? Mike
  17. Black P-38

Steering wheel pics...

Hey guys, trying to get some ideas on steering wheel choices for my Gen I Ranger. Please post up some pics of what you have. Thanks!!! Mike
  18. Black P-38

I got burned on Ebay...

Bought a T-5 for my V-8 swap Ranger project off Ebay from the seller westcoastmustangs AKA Adrian L Ramon. Trans was listed as 87-93 5.0 LX GT. When it arrived it was obviously from a 4 cylinder 2.3 liter Mustang. It has the small pilot sector, 3.97 1st, .79 OD, 3.70 reverse and is rated at...
  19. Black P-38

2wd motor mounts...

Hey guys, pulled the 2.0 and 5 speed out of my 86 reg cab short box 2wd Ranger this weekend... and so it begins... It was great to finally have a full view of an empty bay and do some preliminary measuring etc. I unbolted the stock mounts, scraped the protective coating of grease and road grime...
  20. Black P-38

My First Ranger...

Yesterday I bought my first Ranger, an '86 2wd 4 cyl. It's a carbed 2.0 5 speed, standard cab short box, Black. Needs ALOT of work but it will be the basis for my 5.0 HO, T-5 "Mini Lightning". I will swap out the fenders, hood etc to change the appearance to the 89-92 style. This thing is SO...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad