• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. V8_power428@hotmail.com

swapping a 2.9L for a 4.0L

Hey im going to be doing the swap soon, the question I have is on the donor vehicle its got an auto tranny and im swapping the engine into a 5 speed truck will i have to get a diff computer or will the donor vehicle comp work fine???
  2. V8_power428@hotmail.com

F-250 Extraction

OK I didnt beleive it was possible, and i wouldnt have believed it if i hadn't seen it, but tonight I watched a Deisel F-250 4x4 with 35's getpulled out by a regular cab shortbox ranger with a 2.3L!!! This F-250 was resting on its frame rails and there was no tire to be seen, 5 Half ton trucks...
  3. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Lift bracket dimensions

Hey i was wondering if anyone has or can get the dimensions off of a 4" skyjacker or james duff lift kit brackets. I want to build custom lift brackets but dont feel like having to engineer them! if anyone has a drawing or good sketches it would be awesome!!
  4. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Terrible thumping noise!!

hey my truck has made a sound like someone hits it with a rubber hammer at random times, the tricky thing is sometimes it keeps going after the truck has been shut off!! I managed to get under the hood one day while it was doing it and one of my heater hoses was pulsing with the Thump! does...
  5. V8_power428@hotmail.com

new springs + coil spacers = new shocks??

if I install an F-150 coils spring spacer in the front with explorer coils will i need new shocks?
  6. V8_power428@hotmail.com

shocks?

Hey if i run an F-150 coil spring spacer up front and a 2 inch lift in the rear what will i need for shocks in terms of length?
  7. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Electric fan??

I have an 89 2.9L and in a recent 4x4 trip my fan and fan shround were totalled. now i'm not sure if i should install an electric fan or go back to the stock configuration. for the new fan clutch alone it was 125 bucks i would grab a shroud from a JY but how much is the new factory fan? and how...
  8. V8_power428@hotmail.com

replacement for 1350 electric shift?

What can I use to replace my 1350 electric shift T-case? will an explorer t-case thats manual shift bolt in? if i swap over to D35 at the same time can I just take the explorer frnt D shaft? and will replacing the electric shift t-case with a manual one screw up anything computer related on...
  9. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Waterproofing!!

Hey every time i hit a decent waterhole my truck wants to die!!! It used to die every time i would go trough a puddle at speed and i figured out it was a connector getting wet on my coil so i siliconed that up and its fine but, now every time i get though water over about 2 feet deep it will...
  10. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Springs!!

Hey does any one know if there's a stock vehice out there that has a bolt in longer coil spring for the ranger???
  11. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Starter problems

Hey i have an 89 2.9L and my starter solenoid wount kick the gear in to the flywheel. I took off the solenoid cover and it wasnt gummed up and it seemed to move freely. anybody have any suggestions?
  12. V8_power428@hotmail.com

89 supercab

Link to all my pics http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20457&l=1f48f&id=503871817
  13. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Computer relocation

Hey i was wondering if anyone has moved thier comp higher or waterproofed it? and your t-case control box?
  14. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Body lift installed

Hey I just installed a 3 inch body lift from performance accessories and i still have to do the bed but i've finished the body and it really wasnt very hard i did it all myself. the only thin that would have made it easier is having my grinder at home!! two of the mounting bolts broke when i...
  15. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Tires Problems!!!

i had a set of 34/9.50R15 interco TSL narrow SS's on their way to my local ford dealership the wait time was supposed to be four weeks after about 2 weeks had gone by i got a call saying that they wouldnt be available for 7!!! aditional weeks:nopityA: i couldnt believe it so needles to say i'm...
  16. V8_power428@hotmail.com

D35 price?

What should i expect to pay for a D35?? either used or from a wrecker. Jordan.
  17. V8_power428@hotmail.com

Clearance?

Hey on my 89 supercab 4x4 im throwing a set of 34/9.50R15 TSL ss's now im getting a 3 inch body lift and a 2 inch suspension lift, i'm also putting in a dana 35 front and 8.8 rear with 4.10's. my question was will i get away with the tires? if not how much fender trimming will i have to do?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad