• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ac clutch

Im not sure if this is supposed to happen or not but my "ac clutch" turns on and off all the time while driving and makes a fast ticking noise. Short post/ problem butt i really dont know what other details to add. For someone to shed any light on this would be appreciated.
  2. Name this part please

This is a broken vacum line that i can hear hissing when I turn off my truck, id like to replace it but i have no idea what it is. It is on the passenger side towards the back, and is located right around what I believe to be some sort of AC component. Any help is appreciated.
  3. Sticky thermostat/temp sensor

There has been a couple cool mornings in the last week "only about 50 or 60 degrees" so nothing too bad. But my trucks been trying to stall and or stalling on the initial cold start. When turning the key over after the stall she starts perfect. Ive been suspecting its something with the cooling...
  4. previous owner took off my egr???

So ive been told to check my egr for the cause of my bad idle. Ive been looking for sometime and could not seem to find it. So i referred to one of the diagrams Chilton has for the egr setup. It is gone, the previous owner has the egr caped off in each spot it hooks up. The intake has a piece of...
  5. Shot suspension/bad steering

Not sure if im combining two issues into one or they involve the same problem, butt i figure this is the place to go. The suspension in my ranger is terrible. Hitting bumps seems to drop the truck way lower than it should. Hitting even small pot holes is a big deal and sends my truck in a...
  6. Possible 3.0 upper end rebuild

I have made many previous posts about "rusty coolant". I seem to have been loosing coolant lately so today i am in the midst of flushing the radiator. Its about 55 degrees out and im noticing a considerable amount of white smoke with a little bit of water coming out of the tail pipe. Seems to be...
  7. Rusty coolant/block sealer?

Is there a way before flushing my coolant i can tell if the rusty looking coolant in my radiator and resivour is loaded with radiator stop leak/block sealer?
  8. transmission leak w/pics

I adressed this topic in the 3 liter forum yesterday, butt i found my leak and knew this was the place to adress my problem. What is the name of this part called? it screws into the transmission before the transpan. is this a cheap fix? and if so how do i go about doing this myself?...
  9. Rusty coolant

I noticed this a week or so ago, and im starting to think it could be the source of some of my problems in past posts. Although, my mechanic advised me not to do the flush because he said the rust is likely just to come back because i have a coolant leak. In other words i guess my question is...
  10. MAF sensor

So im going to pull the MAF sensor on my 92 ranger tonight and clean it the best i can. I bought MAF cleaner from autozoo and the correct torque bit that I need. From my understanding your supposed to spray the cleaner on the q tip and gently clean the "wires".Is this correct? if so can i just...
  11. "Clunking" into reverse

Ive tryed this thread before and didnt get much so ill try again. My 92 ranger is 2wd to start. When the truck is in park and at an iddle i get some shaking. not to much butt a little. when shifting into reverse from park there is a short pause and then it makes a clunk noise before switching...
  12. to much "play" in my steering wheel

I have a 92 Ranger xlt 2wd. This seems to be a common problem but theres tons of play in the wheel to keep it straight and theres been a couple of times when i hit bumps on the freeway i have to grip the wheel hard to assure it stays straight. I know my ball joints need to be replaced so could...
  13. Ranger Kicking in Reverse

I have a 3l 2wd 6 cylinder 92 ranger xlt. All other gears shift fine. Shifts perfect on the freeway and from park into drive. Slight kick when shifting into reverse though from park. Is this common or a sign my trans may be in bad shape?
  14. 1st Ford Ranger

Im new to this forum, so sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post. I just bought a 92 Ranger v6 3 liter automatic. My mechanic shop was closed when i went to get the vehicle inspected before buying it so knowing the vehicle was going to sell fast i got it inspected at a oil change...
  15. Transmission flush

Hi, im new to the site and have a question about the ranger i just bought. I have a 1992 Ranger XLT with 88k original miles. The guy I baught the car from took very very good care of this car. Im not sure if a transmission flush was part of his routine upkeep though. I keep getting opinions back...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad