• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TX Ranger

Farewell from the Dirty South

I got into my Ranger two years ago to get rid of F150 payments so I could shift them to diamond savings for the then fiance, true love right? (or stupidity):annoyed: I friggin loved my Ranger, and the quality of aid I received on this site was by far the best I've found on any truck forum. I...
  2. TX Ranger

plug wire swap

So after 150k or so, the OEM plug wire loom dry rotted on the passenger side while on a country road, letting the wire droop on the exhaust manifold, which damaged the wire beyond repair. I ran a short cheapo temporarily to get to and from work, so all 6 would fire. I finally got new Bosch wires...
  3. TX Ranger

a/c & gauges back lighting out

Alright, need some help trouble shooting. All the illumination for my gauges & a/c controls are out. all the indicator lights come on when ignition in on position. head lights work, and seat belt light blinks if not connected. checked every fuse. the tail lights are also out, but brake lights...
  4. TX Ranger

gauge cluster lighting = broke

Alright, need some help trouble shooting. All the illumination for my gauges is out. all the indicator lights come on when ignition in on position. head lights work, and seat belt light blinks if not connected. checked all possible fuses. installed stereo recently, thought a stray wire might be...
  5. TX Ranger

Swamp Traxx

I don't think this has been on here before. Who wants some, just a measly $160,000.00, chump change. http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/result/addetailinfo.aspx?make=CAT&mdl=SWAMP%20TRAXX%20ST%2024&cty=INNISFAIL&prv=Alberta&srcID=5&frnID=12456895&ms=heavy_equipment video...
  6. TX Ranger

cooling the 5r44e

I've gotta RBV newb question, and I've searched. I've read guys complaining about this tranny getting hot when towing. People suggest to add an aux cooler... cooler with and without fan, temp gauge, without blah blah. I know absolutely d1ck about auto trannys, and my Chiltons isn't helping...
  7. TX Ranger

final spindle decision

If got the 10.25" rotors on a 02 2wd. looking at all three spindle options I know of: Fabtech, Doetsch, & off brand (Spring Tech). I try not to post stupid questions and have searched up and down TRS. As far as rim back spacing, I've read stock rims work, and I've heard you must run different...
  8. TX Ranger

Identify this car

Was camping over the weekend and found this abandoned car. All badging has been pilfered, anyone know what it is? From my google image search on american cars, looks to be pre-50's.... TX Ranger
  9. TX Ranger

fuel filter bracket

when i changed the fuel filter on my 02 3.0l this past weekend I realized the new filter is a smooth cylinder, while the stock filter has a bolt and tab to locate it on the frame rail, or a built in bracket if you will. my 95 f-150 has a separate bracket for the filter that's mounted on the...
  10. TX Ranger

custom diff cover?

anyone try making their own diff cover? am interested in a little more gear oil capacity and save $160. I figure it's not rocket science. I'll use current diff cover as a template for bolt pattern and gear clearances and just fab it up deeper. will also have the opportunity to install a drain...
  11. TX Ranger

SPC one incher?

Anyone out there running SPC Performance's 1" coil spacer? I'd like to try a 2" spacer or coil, but have had issues in the past; and apparently the spindles cut down on turning radius and you have to run a different set of rims (said the threads on RPS) which blows. Anyone w/ ball joint issues...
  12. TX Ranger

paint durability

I'm planning on painting these painted steelies on my '02 Ranger. I know the process, but my main concern is durability... 1) when balancing and the lead weights are hammered on, is this a guaranteed scratch? 2) when mounting new tires, more scratches? 3) fading? 4) paint brand choice? my...
  13. TX Ranger

Hailing from the 3rd Coast

Hello all! I recently downsized from a 2006 F150 4x4 5.4L to a 2002 Ranger 2wd 3.0L and have spent the last week or so lurking amongst ya'll, looking, searching for info. Hopefully I'll bring some new questions, answers, humor to the plate. I've been lightly wrenching (lifts, brakes...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad