• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 09 6.4 powerstroke issues

So I'm at a loss. My PDF is cracked, when running hard it pukes a little coolant out the degas cap and my trans sometimes doesn't want to upshift. I bought the truck 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems. The engine and turbo's are brand new when i bought it. A long block was put...
  2. 94 302 swap questions

So I have a 94 3.0 4x4 I want to put a 302 in. I have a 302 from a 92 for mustang Efi with a dual sump. My question is what other parts will I need? I've read about it until in blue in the face but I'm still a little confused. I want to keep it a manual trans. What is the best vehicle to...
  3. Hard to shift into 1st and reverse once warm

So as the title says my 94 3.0 ranger is hard to shift into first and reverse once it gets warmed up. It'll take a 15 mile drive or so before it does it. When coming to a stop I have to press the clutch a time or two and it will slip into first. A mechanic said it's the preasure plate that's...
  4. Horn not working

My horn hasn't worked for quite some time. I'm now getting my ranger all fixed up after it set for 3 years. What shul I check or look at to get it to work?
  5. decal removal and paint questions

I've got a 94 ford ranger that I'm going to use for a second vehicle/wood hauler. It had some rather large "splash" decals on it and I'm removing them. I'm not sure if they were factory or added later but once I remove them they are set in the paint/clear a little up toward the bed. On the...
  6. help tune up my 3.0 please

I've got a 3.0 that set around for a while. About 3 years. I put new plugs and wires in ut and it runs great now, but I can't reach speeds much more than 70 in 4th gear. Once I put it in 5th it will only maintain that speed and can't accelerate much faster. Any tips on how to gain some horse...
  7. need some advise

I've got a 94 ranger with the 3.0L in it. 4 years or so ago I was driving and lost all power then the engine cut out at idle and couldn't get it to start again. I bought a new truck but kept the ranger to fix later. Later is now. I want to use it to haul wood and have for a dependable second...
  8. no power to fog lights

I have no power to my fog lights on my 94 3.0. I've checked the fuses under the dash and they all look good. Is there any other fuses I should check and where are they at? I've got power to the switch.
  9. Help. Loss of power top speed 55mph.

As the title says my good old ranger has lost power when in 5th gear. I can't go over about 55-60 mph in 5th gear but can achieve about 70 in 4th. It's a 94 4x4 3.0. I know for sure it's not the clutch slipping because I just replaced it. It has something to do with the engine. It only gets...
  10. Battery dash light on

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 3.0 L and the battery idiot light is on. It's the one that looks like a battery and is red. Also the gauge for the battery is showing closer to 8 than it is 18 (needle to the left). The truck runs but the fan for heat/air is slow and the turn signals blink very...
  11. Custom Hitch

I custom built a hitch for my 94 Ranger a while back and after getting the mounting brackets fastened square and the hitch welded onto the brakets the hole spacing chaged after i took it off. Well now it only has 3 out of 4 3/4" bolts holding it on. its still really secure, but i havent towed...
  12. loud noise while turning in 4x4

When i have my truck in 4 wheel drive and i make a sharp turn left or right it makes a loud clank as if somthing in the suppension is breakin loose or somthing. i know this is kind of vague but i cant think of any other way to discribe it. I thought it could possibly by my brakes becuase if...
  13. Throw out bearing? Help plz asap

So the problem is when i let the clutch out (in gear or not) there's a rattling sound coming from the tranny about where the throw out bearing is. I susspect that this is the culprit but it may be due to extremly cold weather (The low was 0 F today) I've been hearing this sound for a couple...
  14. F150 coil swap

I was wondering if it was possible to put F150 coil springs on my 1994 3.0L 4x4 Ranger without having allignment problems? it allready has like two inch blocks on the back under the rear leaf springs. I'm assuming that it is stock and is suposed to keep the back from sagging if you have a load...
  15. Stiff clutch on 3.0

On my 94 Ranger its hard to take off without having to double clutch alot. it also excellerates rather slowly before it hits about 2,000 rpm's. last year i swithced tires from a 29' tall to a 30.5x9.5 R15. im not sure if that would make it harder to take off and would also make it excellerate...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad