• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. crazywhiteboy

one ton front axle

i wish i had been smart enough to do that. but then agian i got the 1/2 tons for free and made money on them
  2. crazywhiteboy

one ton front axle

all depends on what you are looking for and being patient. i was on pirate and craigslist almost everyday for two months and finally found '79 hp d60 fully built(minus inner c's and knuckles) for 2500. so its not impossible, just hard to find, especially without patience.
  3. crazywhiteboy

need help!! 9inch pass side seal/bearing going bad!!

just pulled the 3rd out. bearings look perfect, caps are tight, nothing looks wrong at all. i did notice there is a little more play in the shaft sliding in and out on the passenger side vs the driverside. maybe the retainer plate is bent? cant tell by looking at it. not sure what to do. i do...
  4. crazywhiteboy

need help!! 9inch pass side seal/bearing going bad!!

put 2500 miles on my truck since the swap, went wheeling, then had the passenger side bearing and seal go out. replaced the bearing/seal, only to have it go out again after 10 miles. bought a new axle shaft, bearing/seal thinking i bent the stock one, drove it 10-15 miles to find out it had gear...
  5. crazywhiteboy

Whats a good price?

i got mine free from a buddy. but if anyones interested in them, ill let em go for 1800. if not, ill keep em for my exploder once i get a d60 and 10.25
  6. crazywhiteboy

44 hub tries to lock itself while driving???? wtf??

lmao..i actually did use duct tape when i didnt have the tools to pull apart the hub. it kinda held it in place. :icon_thumby:
  7. crazywhiteboy

yea i was doing the samething, except every 10-20 miles or so..got irritating real quick.
  8. crazywhiteboy

it sucks..not cool to be driving down the road and hear your hub clicking and buzzing and shit. i think i finally fixed it tho.
  9. crazywhiteboy

97 ext cab, fw d44 & 9inch, foa 14" coilovers, on 38s....finally done, somewhat.

97 ext cab, fw d44 & 9inch, foa 14" coilovers, on 38s....finally done, somewhat. bought the truck used in 2007. was my first truck ive owned. somehow grenaded the spider gears up front after 3-4 months of owning it, so i welded them up. went through a few sets of shafts, before i read about the...
  10. crazywhiteboy

thanks for all the responses. i finally pulled apart the hub today, noticed the snap ring(?) that holds the second most inner splined part of the hub, (thats around the piece that is splined onto the stub) somehow managed to come off. so i disassembled the hub, regreased, then reassembled it...
  11. crazywhiteboy

okay i see what your talking about. to be honest, i doubt its backwards because they went straight from the box to the axle. came pre-assembled, and i still havent taken the time to pull them apart to double check. so saying it wasnt 'locking spline collar', what else do you think it could be...
  12. crazywhiteboy

as far as i know i have assembled the hub in the correct order. im not sure of the terminology of the internal parts of the hub, but from the many many that i have pulled apart and put together, everything is correct(as far as i know). i tried to pull up an exploded view of the hub, and couldnt...
  13. crazywhiteboy

nah..warns just turn 9/10ths or so to lock, then just before it locks in, it clicks. but while im driving, the hub turns itself about 4 or 5/10ths(halfway), so its partly engaged, BY ITSELF...i dont get it, probably something stupid, like too much grease, but idk. cant figure it out to save my...
  14. crazywhiteboy

just finished my swap. i have 79 dana 44 and 9inch, completely rebuilt, 513s, lockrite and spool, new bearings, seals, new warn premiums, etc....noticed while i was driving down the road. i heard the buzzing, clicking or a gear not completely engaged, jumped out to find my driverside hub in...
  15. crazywhiteboy

fw dana 44 and 9inch....hub spins on its own while driving, tries to engage itself...

just finished my swap. i have 79 dana 44 and 9inch, completely rebuilt, 513s, lockrite and spool, new bearings, seals, new warn premiums, etc....noticed while i was driving down the road. i heard the buzzing, clicking or a gear not completely engaged, jumped out to find my driverside hub in...
  16. crazywhiteboy

wanna see some rearends

im interested in seeing some leaf sprung rearends with a good amount of droop. mainly how the leafs/shackles were mounted. im running 14inch c/o's up front and a 14inch shocksin the rear, but im still not sure how im going to use all the shocks travel. looking to have around 60% of droop.
  17. crazywhiteboy

coilover spring rates

ive decided to steer away from going with the coil/shock setup and get some 14 or 16inch foa 2.0 coilovers . using their calculator and estimating the corner sprung weight of 950lbs i came up with about 250 over 175. does that sound about right? i know it all varies with the fulcrum point and...
  18. crazywhiteboy

79 dana 44 camber issues

nobody has an answer or idea? surely someone else has ran into this as well.
  19. crazywhiteboy

79 dana 44 camber issues

i have a 79 dana 44. having some camber problems. i replaced both upper and lower balljoints along with the threaded sleeve that goes into the top inner c. when i pulled out the old one i noticed the old sleeve was i little higher in the hole than the new one i put in...im not sure if it made a...
  20. crazywhiteboy

need help with coils asap

have fullwidth d44 and 9inch..in the middle of building extended radius arms with ballistic joints and have yet to get coils. what brand coil should i get for good flex, im running 37's and have cut fenders..already have 63inch chevys, going to run them under the frame...soo what coil should i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad