• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Harmonic Balancer Marks - Actual TDC Confirmation

Sorry to bump an old thread but I've got the dreaded P0340 camshaft sensor code that won't go away despite replacing the camshaft synchronizer, and the cam AND crankshaft sensors. This is with genuine Motorcraft parts too. I just want to make sure it's not an alignment issue. I've been...
  2. Automatic 3.0: Runs normal but engine stalls when shift into neutral while rolling

I'm not, that's why I'm saying it's not a normal drivability issue. I just happened to discover this and it's bugging me why it would stall out like that...doesn't seem right.
  3. Automatic 3.0: Runs normal but engine stalls when shift into neutral while rolling

This is a very weird problem. The truck starts, stop, and runs 100% fine. But I noticed that if I am driving at a low speed (~20-30 km/h) and shift into neutral while braking, the engine will get into a stall as I'm slowing down. Since this truck is an automatic, this doesn't really affect...
  4. Fake Motorcraft parts?!? or legit??

Just bought one of these and I was also concerned it being a fake. But my packaging and part looks the exact same, so I guess it's ok? I had originally went with a Spectra Premium FD32 and was surprised that it actually felt higher quality than the Motorcraft. Body and metallurgy felt...
  5. Camshaft Syncro Position and TDCC

Sorry to bump and old thread, just wondering if you could clarify what you mean by "poorly reamed drive shaft hole" and what to look for? I installed a Spectra Premium FD32 synchronizer and holy heck I had the worst time trying to remove this for servicing. At first I thought it was a bad main...
  6. 3.0L Camshaft Position Sensor & Syncronizer

Hi guys, I'm trying to use a synchronizer alignment tool kit but there's both a blue (metal notch on the synchronizer is offset a bit) and black (metal notch on the synchronizer is centered) alignment cap. Which one should I use to align the synchronizer on my 2008 Ford Ranger 3.0? Product...
  7. P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor - Already replaced the synchronizer. Ideas?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I hooked up a battery tester with a crank and alternator (ripple) test. The AC ripple seems to be within spec. Strangely the check engine light suddenly went off today and I didn't even clear the code. This is so weird.
  8. P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor - Already replaced the synchronizer. Ideas?

Yup it's all lubed. Also the coil pack was replaced a few months ago with an OE unit so pretty sure it's not that. Didn't think a bad crank sensor would trigger the code?
  9. P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor - Already replaced the synchronizer. Ideas?

Hi guys, I originally had a P0340 camshaft position sensor code pop up and the engine was shaking. Upon inspection, the synchronizer was good but the sensor cap seemed to have been contaminated with oil. I replaced the cap and all was good for a bit, but then the code popped up again (although...
  10. Coolant Leak: Water Pump or Timing Cover Gasket?

Hello, I have a 2008 Ranger with the 3.0 and the coolant reservoir is going down about 2-3 cm per week (very minor for now). I'm not completely sure where the leak is. Just from visual inspection, the upper area of the water pump seems to be a bit wet but it could be from the valve cover...
  11. Engine Vibration + Misfire CEL (P0301, P0316). What vibration is normal?

I recently had the Ranger pop a CEL P0301 and P0316 (cylinder 1 misfire) and the engine was vibrating badly with a loss of power. In my diagnosis, I first checked cylinder 1 compression and it was normal. I then used a crowbar to "listen" to my fuel injectors and the cylinder 1 injector seems...
  12. 08 Ranger Lube Points (Driveshaft)

So I did search and it appears the late model year Rangers don't have any lube points. However, I noticed that on the driveshaft closest to the transmission end of a RWD Ranger two points which appear to allow for grease: 1. On the rubber dust boot of the transmission output surrounding the...
  13. 2008 Ranger Extended (12k) Service Intervals?

Im going through my parents' service records for our 2008 Ford Ranger to make a log of what's been done by the dealer. One thing that Ive noticed is that Ford recommends a service interval of 12,000km between oil changes under normal circumstances which seems a bit long. From the records, it...
  14. 1994 Ford Ranger. Throttle lag and lack of power going up hills. Any ideas?

I bought an old 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3L with manual transmission to use as a beater to learn how to drive stick. One problem I just noticed with this truck is that the throttle lags. For example, if I press down on the accelerator, it takes a second or two for the engine to actually rev up...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad