• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DriverSideImpact

Hotwire/Push Button Start

So the ignition cyl. on my 1993 demo derby Ranger is trashed...I can't get the key in it, and the collar on the outside (the thumb-finger-turny thing :thefinger: ) fell off. The truck has had an issue with the starter since I bought it (it works once in a while,you need to push start it), so I...
  2. DriverSideImpact

Threaded shift knob install

So I'm sick of my lame stock shift knob, and I have a 5spd 1993 demo derby/parts Ranger, sitting buried in snow behind the garage, with a knobless stick. I also have a universal fit threaded Hurst T-Handle that I had on my Supercoupe. By a stroke of luck I have 7-8 headbolts from doing a gasket...
  3. DriverSideImpact

Idle Hanging

High Idle My 1996 2.3L has had a strange idle problem for a while, mainly just this winter...so I guess when its cold out. It will hang up high, around 1500-2000rpm, in between shifts and when at a stop. Once I'm totally at a standstill, if I engage the clutch a little bit, the idle will drop...
  4. DriverSideImpact

Two questions.

UP FIRST: I want to put the 1993 Ranger's two spoke steering wheel (w/o cruise & tilt) in my 1996. 1993 I have loved the Ford two spoke design since my first vehicle (89 F250) Is it an easy swap? The 96 has the driver airbag (airbag light is on and blinks occasionally and I dont really care...
  5. DriverSideImpact

Engine Light troubleshooting help?

I got a CEL on my 2.3 1996 Ranger (195K mi) the other day. I scanned it and it showed a P1120 - Throttle Position Sensor out of range. I ran a self-test and it gave a P1124 - Throttle Position Sensor out of Self-Test Range. These seem as if they would go along with my truck's inconsistent idling...
  6. DriverSideImpact

Got some new wheels and tires!

Found some powder coated 5 hole 15" aluminum Ranger wheels with almost new tires (like less than 1000mi. on them new) for $250. I wanted to replace my worn tires and corroded deer hoof 15" rims. My original plan was to just prep and paint the deer hooves and buy some general grabber AT2's but...
  7. DriverSideImpact

Rear window swap question

I have searched for a long time on this subject... cant find an answer :annoyed: Some background info: I have a 96 single cab DD and a 93 Ext Cab i got for parts. The Ext Cab has a sliding back window... my single cab does not. I want to put the slider in my single cab... but i happened to be...
  8. DriverSideImpact

n00b with Ranger and lots of ideas in WI.

Hi all, I recently picked up a base model 1996 Ranger singlecab with the 2.3L 4x4 and a 5 speed. Its got 195kmi on it. I have lots of ideas for it, ultimately ending with a built turbo 2.3 or some other powertrain swap. I'd also like to repaint it, probably olive green with black bedliner on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad