• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. backyardcustom

Merkur XR4Ti

i have never really bought a whole junkyard car but i went to my local pnp today after work and saw a complete Merkur XR4Ti. The car is complete,minus the original rims and I thought i recognized it from something i read here. so i checked and sure enough it was for the 2.3l turbo swap. i was...
  2. backyardcustom

Gas Guage Issue

Someone on here will know this answer, I hope, because I am so tired of running out of gas. The guage seemed to work sometimes but not others. Thoght it was the float. Dropped the tank and the float was sunk. So I changed it out. Now the guage only reads 1/4 full no matter what. Searched...
  3. backyardcustom

confused about engine codes

Well, I finally pulled the codes of my truck. 1990 2.3l 5sp. I had never done this before so when I pulled the codes i got 21, for engine coolant sensor, which i expected and then I got 33, for egr, but i got the same code twice. I did it several times and got the code twice. It was key on...
  4. backyardcustom

no glass

What if we don't have windows in our trail rig? In my old rig all the windows had busted out. The only thing the windows ever did before they were gone was get dirty. After branches/trees/poor offroad driving skills broke out all the glass all I got was DIRTY.
  5. backyardcustom

problem bolts in the exhaust

Ok, so my catalytic converter is shot. The huge open cracks gave it away as well as the terrible sound of an exhaust leak. The biggest problem is the bolts that hold the cat to the manifold. I rounded them both off today and split a knuckle wide open. If I cut the bolts out with a grinder...
  6. backyardcustom

no power,low rpms..??

I was riding with a friend today in a 2001 ranger with a 3.0. We were pulling a trailer of bricks on to a highway accelerating from 35 to about 50 mph. At about 50mph there was a loud bang/pop followed by extreme loss of power. We pulled over to look under the hood. The only visable thing...
  7. backyardcustom

cooling disaster

If anyone out there has ever encountered this situation please help me out. I had just got this ranger a 1990 xlt and it doesn't heat up. It stays pinned on cold. I replaced the thermostat. No change. The heat blows cold always. It doesn't leak and as far as i can the the system is intact...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad