• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 ranger 4x4 spindle broke

Hi guys I've been running around looking for this part.. For has one for 500 bucks.. I'm sure the part I broke is called a spindle but I could be wrong.. I broke the mount for the tie rod off it.. I know that only 98 - 2000 will work just for bolt in but what about Mazda? Will later years work...
  2. Ford ranger 4.0 Sohc questions

Hi guys so I broke my truck.. So I started looking at another truck.. It's a 2004 with the 4.0 4x4 but has 300 000 km.. The body and interior is very clean.. Frame has been undercoating by the looks of it every year.. Antifreeze is green.. Oil decent colour ( not black ).. The place wants 3200...
  3. 99 3.0 top end rebuild

Hi guys..so I think my head gaskets blown.. While I have my heads off I'd like to put 302 rockers in and clean up theU ports a little. How would I go about putting 302 rockers on instead?
  4. Replacing a/c pump with 2nd alternator?

as the title says.. Before I take the a/c pump out, is it possible to bolt a second alternator in its spot? Like I know I would have to wire the alternator but will it bolt up?
  5. auto to 5 speed with 3.0 4x4

ok so i have a 99 ranger with what i beleive is a 4r44e auto trans? but i dont think that matters i want a five speed.. i did get a parts truck with a 3.0 and 5 speed but it was a 2 wheel 5 speed so it wouldnt work with the transfer case.. so i was still on the look for a tranny.. well i got a...
  6. upgradrading the front axle for 4x4

hi guys i have a 99 ranger 4x4 auto with the pulse activated hubs.. i just picked up a 94 ranger with a solid front end instead of axle shafts.. what sort of benifits would i have swapping to this setup or is it even worth it? thanks dylan
  7. 3.0 overheats then returns to normal

hi my 3.0 is running great now... but before i can even make it to the corner the guage shows overheating. i put the truck in N and shut the engine off let the guage to drop a short bit then restart the engine while moving the guage returns to normal
  8. 1999 ranger 3.0 auto 4x4 to 302 manual 4x4

hi guys so i have a 99 ranger 4x4 auto 3.0l. it has 330000 km on it and im planning on swapping a 302 into it... i havent found any parts so i have to ask with such high km is it worth it... how much do you think this is going to cost. so i am planning on having a standard but the 5.0 in to...
  9. my 3.0 is running rough.

ok ive seen many posts on here by searching but i cant seem to find my problem if indeed it is a problem. to begin its a 99 3.0 4x4 auto. the tranny is screwed i beleive seeing as it takes 1-5 seconds to engage to drive.. it also will not rev freely to accelerate. if i shift it manualy 120 seems...
  10. Is it worth it from a 3.0

Hi guys I have my truck that i bought as a fixer upper so i can learn about the rangers... So far i got a parts truck with a standard that i am going to be rebuilding and converting my truck from auto to standard... as for the engine both trucks have 300000 KM on them... Im thinking that ill...
  11. years for rear door on ranger

hi i would just like to ask a question that i cant seem to find by searching.. what years will fit on my 1999 ranger.. they all seem to look the same but will all mounts line up as well as the body lines???:icon_confused: thanks dylan
  12. questions about transmission swap

hi guys. i have a 1999 ford ranger auto 4x4 3 liter. i want a 5 speed so i got a parts truck it has a 5 speed but is built for an 2x4 ive been told that the out put shaft is different. i no that i need to rebuild the tranny and am willing to learn howm to rebuild the trany but have never done...
  13. 1999 3.0 v6 4x4 troubles

ok so my truck has 4x4 with the switch in the dash... so (automatic hubs i guess)... Before you say throw it out and get the manual hubs im not doing it i just want to fix what i have... I put the truck in 4x4 high, hear a tik under my seat.... but no 4x4. I try to spin the tires on the gravel...
  14. 99 3 liter bad fuel injector

Hi guys so my 2nd cylinder has a misfire and i think its the fuel injector. i tested the continuety and the bad one had none... So can anyone tell me years and models that will have the same injector as me... As far as I know the Ranger, Explorer, and Taurus have the 3 liter but are the...
  15. 1999 ford ranger 3.0 auto questions.

Ok i have an auto in it right know but its having a few problems. Im planning on dropping a standard in it but right at the moment would like to fix this one. When i put the tranny into any forward gears (D 1 or 2.) the transmission takes a few seconds to actually engage and move. i just changed...
  16. 1999 ford ranger 3.0l

hi guys ive been reading around about seafoaming my engine but a few people say if youve got highmiles to stay away from it because some of the gunk is actually holding the rings and other parts together.... my truck has 314000 on it... what do you guys think about seafoaming it :dunno:. Im...
  17. 1999 ford ranger trans issue

:sad: Hi guys ive been having some issues with the tranny and 4x4 in my truck... i just got the truck and seem to like it but ive been finding more problems because i bought a week ago and was sorta proded into it a little :sad:...... anyways its a 1999 ford ranger. 3.0L auto trans :annoyed...
  18. 1999 ford ranger 4x4 auto questions

Hi guys i just bought a ^^^ but its an automatic transmission which i dont really like. i would rather have the 5 speed. Can anyone tell me years and models which i could get a used one from a reckers. Does it have to come from a 4x4 truck or will a 2wd 3.0 5 speed work???? also if i cant find...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad