• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. FlyingFatass

change main bearings, swap, or sell?

Well i found out that the reason why im not getting oil pressure is due to a main bearing failure (1990 ranger w/ a 2.3 ). I'm having a hard time deciding wether to change the bearings, swap the motor for another 2.3, or cut my losses and sell it as-is. So far it looks like ill have to spend...
  2. FlyingFatass

Uh Oh

So i finally took my truck to a shop to have it checked out by someone more engine savvy than me. It turns out that my lack of oil pressure is most likely not the pump, but a bad main bearing. If thats the case, I don't have the money or tools to make such a fix. I don't think I could afford...
  3. FlyingFatass

Will seafoam help clean out oil screen?

My valvetrain started ticking pretty badly today and im guessing its the oil screen. My friend suggested that seafoam will help clear it up. Is this true? (im trying to avoid having to pull the oil pan as much as possible)
  4. FlyingFatass

Oil pressure sender wiring

I'm going to install a pressure gauge for my oil pressure sender in the engine bay so I can keep track of pressure and to keep the interior clean. I've got 2 questions though: 1: I'm using the stock sender (aftermarket one has wrong threading). Will the stock sender give the right reading to...
  5. FlyingFatass

Removing oil pan

So I might be looking at a bad oil pump (thought my gauge/reader had gone bad, but i'm begining to develop lifter tick and some other noises coming from the valvetrain). I'm letting the truck sit for now. I'm going to get a replacement reader and a gauge that actually tells psi. If its now...
  6. FlyingFatass

oil pressure low

So i've noticed that my oil pressure gauge is abnormally low and the gauge will drop all the way to the lowst when revving the engine or when its under load. I know this isn't good, but am not too sure what could be causing it. It only happened recently too. I don't have to drive it, so im...
  7. FlyingFatass

Solid Mounts

I've heard that putting solid mounts on your motor really helps it transfer more torque. I'm not 100% sure whether I'll put some on or not, but does anyone know a little bit about them? How much do they help? Any drawbacks?
  8. FlyingFatass

solutions for ignition noise

Well I got the sound system all in and it works great. The only problem is that I'm getting ignition noise >_<. (most noticable in the tweeters). Crutchfield suggests i get RFI sparkplugs and cables. Is there any other ways to solve this issue (and yes, i tried switching grounds as well.)...
  9. FlyingFatass

bench to bucket?

NVMD, a little searching helped answer this
  10. FlyingFatass

Removing stock headunit

I have a 1990 ranger with the old cassette headunit pictured below. I'm going to be replacing with a pioneer HU. I need to know the proper way to remove it. What tools will I need? I also have a new harness that should work with the new HU. I'm going to be running it to two amps (A 2ch and...
  11. FlyingFatass

Just a little question about RMS

So I have a rockford Prime R1S410 10" sub that handles 150watts RMS and 300 max. My amp for it is a Sound Storm F1200M that pushes 200watts RMS and 1200 watts max. Don't plan on blasting the sound and I'll have the amp turned down low. Will this still have the potential of blowing the sub?
  12. FlyingFatass

Leaking Brake Reservoir

For the last few days, the P-Brake/Rear antilock lights have been going off. I checked and it seemed my brake reservoir was low. I topped it off and thought that was the end of it. It's been about 5 days since then, and the lights are back on. I took a closer look, and the piping under the...
  13. FlyingFatass

Cost of lowering vs lift

I have a 1990 Ranger xlt single cab. I bought it the way it is, with a 2" lift (its just bricks and pucks though, they can be removed easily), 15" soft eights and 29" A/T's. I do have 3 stock rims and a donut, with all the same tires on. I've been contemplating on whether I should do a lift...
  14. FlyingFatass

Hissing/squeaking when idling

There's a kind of hissing/squeaking noise coming from my engine whenever I start my truck and have it at idle or when I'm slowing down and downshifting. It's been happening for a while now. I recently replaced the alternator belt, and will probably replace the fan belt soon as well. But the...
  15. FlyingFatass

Leaking reservoir?

So I got the P-brake/rear antilock light go off recently, so I knew i had low brake fluid. A few days after filling it up, I checked to see where the level was at. It seemed slightly lower than normal, and the piping below the reservoir was soaked in brake fluid. I guess either the reservoir...
  16. FlyingFatass

Tranny Fluid

Going to be changing the tranny fluid in my 1990 Ranger. It's the 2.3 I4 2wd 5 speed model. I already looked up that it has the Mazda M5OD-R1 transmission in it. I just need to know what kind of tranny fluid do i need, and how much of it?
  17. FlyingFatass

Window crank

I'm going to be installing new door speakers on my 90' ranger soon and I've ran into some trouble getting the window cranks off. I did a search and it says there should be some screw cover that i can pop off to access the mounting bolt, but I don't seem to have one, the crank is all one solid...
  18. FlyingFatass

Injectors

I read up on how switching to the ford 5.0 19lb injectors will add a good 15-20 HP. http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/Ranger/efi.html It states to use the 4 hole injectors rather than the needle ones. I'm not too familiar with injectors, but from what I can tell, these are what I'm looking...
  19. FlyingFatass

General maintenance, and a few extra's

So I've put about 3K miles on my 5-speed 1990 Ranger 2.3 since the last oil change, and I'm thinking its about time for another. Figured out I might as well take care of a few other things while I'm at it. My list so far: Oil Change New Coolant Serpentine Belt (starting to squeak a little...
  20. FlyingFatass

Ordered my system

Well I finally got to ordering that sound system for the truck. Ended up buying a Pioneer DEH 1100MP, Sound Storm SSLF F2.20 2 channel amp, and a Sound Storm F1200M mono sub amp, powering some Rockford prime R1652-S 6 1/2" components and a single rockford Prime R1S410 10" sub. Got everything...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad