• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Slysdexia

Exhaust system/header compatability.

I've got a '94 Ranger 4.0 2wd, short bed standard cab, and I'm noticing a rather seriously limited range of budget exhaust systems that claim compatibility with my truck. What I'm wondering is what other years/trims would be either directly compatible (I know the cab got a couple inches longer...
  2. Slysdexia

'94 4.0 stutter off idle

My '94 Ranger has a rather persistant stutter/hesitation whenever you give it quick throttle input (repeatable every time), or load it up below 2,000RPM (less consistant) ie: backing it out of the driveway, you can hear it constantly misfire, and up hills it can start missing pretty badly unless...
  3. Slysdexia

Leaking light machine oil?

Well, the GF just left, (she drives a '98 3.0 Ranger) and left a line of drips under where the radiator was on the driveway of what smells and feels like a light machine oil. :icon_confused: Now, we'd been noticing some inconsistent noise under high RPM (3-5k) with the A/C on (yes, even now...
  4. Slysdexia

New speedo cable craziness

Okay, so the original speedo cable in the truck (at least when we got it) had come in contact with the exhaust manifold, melted, seized, and then broken. Odometer says 127k, but there's no telling how accurate that really is. Anyway, got the new cable in, and a new driven gear, and the speedo...
  5. Slysdexia

163.3Cu.in V4? Leaking fill neck?

Well, got this '94 Ranger about two weeks ago, and it's not firing on all cylinders. It's either missing 1 and 3 or 4 and 6, as I'm not sure on the exact orientation of everything :dntknw:. Either way, the front and rear cylinders on the pass. side aren't firing, maybe at higher revs, but...
  6. Slysdexia

Gauges intermittent?

Just bought this '94 ranger 4.0 manual, and the speedometer doesn't even try, the tach sometimes tries but tends to stick in spots, never reaches zero (when off, it sits at about 400RPM), and generally only reacts to large RPM changes, jerkily at that. The fuel, temp, and oil pressure gauges...
  7. Slysdexia

First car, "new" Ranger XLT

Well, Saturday we bought a '1994 Ranger eXtra Large Turtle, and it's my first vehicle and something of an early birthday present, seeing as I turn 20 in 12 days. AC doesn't work, needs the EGR cleaned to pass emissions (if I can find it), could use a fuel system cleanout, the brakes wobble, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad