• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9L Remanufactured Engine - 88 Ranger

Hey Guys, I have the 2.9L pulled out of my 88 ranger after I started getting water in the oil and oil in the water (years ago). I am assuming either head gaskets or a cracked head(s). Initially I was gonna swap to a 4.0 but I don't want to have to deal with the wiring. and would just like to...
  2. U-Bolt-Spring Plate Quick Qustion

I am swapping in an 8.8 out of a 96 ranger (28 spline, 10 inch drum brakes..etc) into my 88 ranger with the 7.5 rear end. Does anyone know if the axle housings are the same diameter for the ranger 8.8 and 7.5? I need to know if i can use my original U-bolts and Spring plates. I have a feeling...
  3. Rear End Way Taller Than Front after 6" skyjacker class 2 lift

I just got done installing a 6" class2 skyjacker kit on my 88 ranger 4x4 ext cab. The back came with large blocks (3-4 inches tall i think), casted with an angle, and leaf springs Part # FR34S- 4 inches lift. So! I put on the new blocks and springs and when i got it all together the rear end was...
  4. Extreme Drop Pitman arm + Superlift Superrunner

I will put my question upfront: Has anyone used the skyjacker extreme drop pitman arm with the super runner steering kit? Or is this even possible. Reason for Question: I just got done installing a 6" class 2 skyjacker kit onto my 88 ranger 4x4 ext cab. The Tie Rod Angle was...
  5. Rear-End Leveling 1988 Ford Ranger

Hey guys, I just bought an 88 Ranger. It has a Rancho lift, maybe 3 or 4 inches. Anyways, the back end rides about 1.5 inches lower than the front. It is pretty noticeable. So, I was hoping some of you who have experience with lift kits and such would be able to help me out with a solution to...
  6. 88 Ranger Electronic Push Button 4WD Not Working.

I just bought an 88 Ranger 4x4, ext cab, It has the the electronic push button 4wd auto hubs. The module is above the rearview mirror with a button for 4 high and 4 low (looks like something out of the movie tron). The guy i bought it from took excellent care of this truck and said the 4wd works...
  7. Gear Help

2002 Ford Ranger 4x4 manual transmission, 4.0L V6. I put a 3" body lift on it last year and just put new 33x12.50's on. It is fine to drive but ive lost a bit of power with the larger tires and am getting about 15mpg's at best. I do a bit of offroading in the deep snow mostly. They have the...
  8. Shock Question

This may be a dumb question but im wondering if new or longer shocks would lift the front end any? Im wanting to invest in new shocks cuz the ride of the stock ones are terrible, but i heard that some shocks can give you a lower ride. Ive already put a 3" body lift and leveled the truck using...
  9. Truxx Torsion key Lift

I just came across the Truxx torsion key lift. I have an 02 4x4 Ranger with a 3" body lift. I have 33x10.50's on a 15x8 inch rim but i want to put 12.50's on. Im pretty confident that they will fit but when i came across this i thought it was interesting. Im skeptical of it though, does anyone...
  10. Lift Question.

I have a 2002 Ranger 4x4. I put a 3" body lift and 33x10.50 tires on it. The tires are wearing down and i want to be able to fit 12.50's but im afraid they might rub. I have already cranked the torsion bars but im not sure if i might be able to go a little more with them. Anyone have any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad