• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. frank1530

1992 Ranger 3.0 idle problem/ intermintant CEL

Hey all , Its been a while since ive been on here i sold my 86 and bought a 92. History on the truck its a bare bones 3.0 auto custom reg cab. No ac, manual everything. It was a government surplus truck and has documented 98k miles. Ive done a ton of work to it and I just cant figure it out. It...
  2. frank1530

which engine should i use???

I have a 86 4x ranger and have two engines with computers to choose from in which to install . They are both 1993 as I want to make it smoggable the first is a 351 from a first Gen lightening and the second is a 5.0 ho from a mustang. What would make for the better conversion?
  3. frank1530

My new to me 86 4x4

Ive owned 3 Jeep YJ's and one badass 1st gen amigo. So my family grew( my daughter was born) I sold my project, as my projects changed. Living in San Diego is expensive enough. My daughter is now almost a year and my wife wanted me to get another less expensive project. I wanted something...
  4. frank1530

Powertrax Lock right

Anybody experience this locker. I am almost done with the my swapping in a ranger 8.8 for my old 7.5. I am trying to decide between the Powertrax Lockright or No slip. I do still run this truck to the lumber yard, store etc. So i want ok road manners, but good offroad reliability
  5. frank1530

Rear suspension advice

I just got an 86 ranger 4x4 with a 4.5" lifts. The front works great and looks to be all fairly new skyjacker components. The rear is a different stort. The leaf spring look original and with it is 2 add a leafs, and 2 2" inch blocks stacked on each side. needless to say the rear rides poorly...
  6. frank1530

Do I need a longer pitman arm???

I just took my 86 ranger 4x4 to get aligned. It has a 4.5 inch lift. They said that toe was maxed out and still .55(way off). WOuld a larger pitman solve this issue. Note I bought the truck already lifted. I think the arm is stock, it looks more rectagular whereas the skyjacker etc. ones are...
  7. frank1530

header question

I'm looking to put headers on my 86 2.9but everything I've found is 88plus is there a difference in years or will they work
  8. frank1530

need advice gear gearing d28 and 7.5

I have an 86 ranger 2.9 5 speed 4x4 6inch lift 32 inch tires should I run the 410 I startedto iinstall or 456s please any advice would be great

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad