• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. KJ

Popping out of 4x4 Low

Tried to find a good answer in older posts, but was unsuccessful. Manual transfer case keeps popping out of 4L when going downhill. Foot off gas, engine revs some, pops out of gear. Don't have any problems when under power instead of coasting. I've tried adjusting the shifting lever and it...
  2. KJ

Gear ratio for D35/8.8 with 2.9l V6

I'm currently in the middle of swapping the front and rear ends on my 88 and am also thinking about throwing some new gears in as well. I'm thinking in the 4.10 to 4.56 range, but was hoping to get some feedback on how the pickup will drive with these gears. It has the 2.9 v6 and the 31 spline...
  3. KJ

Fuel system issues

I'm not getting any fuel to my engine. The farthest that it is going as far as i can tell is the fuel tank switch. I'm wondering what the thing on the rail in between the high pressure fuel pump and the tank change switch is. It looks kinda like a short can of beans... Is it a fuel filter or...
  4. KJ

Fuel Pump Issues

I have a 1988 ranger with the 2.9 engine and I'm not getting any fuel into the engine. I'm pretty sure that it is a fuel pump problem, but I don't want to go get a new one before I'm sure which one it is. My pickup has two tanks and I am wondering whether or not there are fuel pumps in each of...
  5. KJ

What diameter?

I am going to be putting a new exhaust on my 88 with the 2.9 V6. What setup should i use, diameter, muffler, etc.?
  6. KJ

Cheap Power Adders

I've got an 88 with 4 inch lift and 33s everything else stock. Sadly, i think i'm gonna have to take it on the freeway and it's really underpowered right now. Eventually, i plan on doing an axle swap and putting lower gears in it. But without a lot of time on my hands i am looking for a couple...
  7. KJ

D28 Gears

I know the best thing to do with my 88 ranger is the Ford Explorer axel swap with the D35 and such. I'm not sure that i want to go through all that work though. I was wondering what the lowest gears are that i can put into the little D28. Also, how much it might cost to have someone do it.
  8. KJ

Where should i look for axles?

I've got an 88 ranger with 33s and a 4 inch lift. Everything else is stock and the pickup is gutless. I plan on doing an axle swap and putting 4:56 gears in it. I want to go the D35 route and am wondering where to look for them? I need to know what models and what years if that isn't too much to...
  9. KJ

Regearing

I have an '88 4x4 with a 4 inch suspension lift and 33 inch tires. Its all stock other than that. It has hardly any power. I want to regear it and am wondering which gears would do best. I'm also open to any other suggestions.
  10. KJ

Need Help.

I've got an '88 ranger with a 4" lift and 33s. Its a stock 2.9 with everything else stock as well. I'm looking to regear it and open to any gear suggestions as well as any other useful advice.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad