• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88Turbo

Truck starts then dies?

Hey guys, Ive got a 96 ranger 2.3 5speed and today I was driving home from work and as soon as I pulled in the driveway it quit. Cranked and cranked and cranked. Nothing! Went in the house for 5 minutes, came and tryed again.... STARTED RIGHT UP! Go for a quick drive... same thing, quit, wait...
  2. 88Turbo

What cam kit??

Im looking to buy a cam kit from comp cams shortly, but Im not to up on what I should get for my set up. The motor is a 302, bored .40 over, heads proted polished, new valves, headers, looking to run a 4bbl. Now its just a prostreet truck, not looking for a huge cam, but want to go about as big...
  3. 88Turbo

Freshly washed '96

My daily driver all nice and wet.
  4. 88Turbo

1996 Ranger High idle

I got a 96 ford ranger with the 2.3, but problem is when it gets warm, it tends to idle at about 2500-3000 with the clutch in. But, shut the truck off and restart it, idles normal for about ten minutes. Has anyone had this problem or know whats wrong?? Thanks in advance.
  5. 88Turbo

Homemade rollpans

looking for some people who built their own rollpans. I got accsess to lots of machines and tools to build one, I would just like to know how to go at it. Thanks.
  6. 88Turbo

Slave cyl help / 1996 2.3 Ranger

I just put a new slave cylninder in my truck, and now im not quite sure where to go from there... all im looking for is some simple bleeding instructions, knowing that the lines and slave cylinder are both compltly dry. Thanks
  7. 88Turbo

Roll Pan

Hey guys, Im looking to build my own roll pan for the back of my '88. Ive got the steel and ivve got the tools up at a local shop, but need a template or aty least some guidence. Im not real great at designing something like this... Measurements, pics, or a basic layout and bend points would be...
  8. 88Turbo

Truck wont run right

Im not much of a genious for fuel injection systems, so heres the problem. My 96 ranger 2.3 eight plug 5 speed, just up and started working like crap one day. It often starts right up but it studders terriably and wont rev past 2 grand without cutting out and almost dieing. Then sometimes it'll...
  9. 88Turbo

Truck working weird

Im not much of a genious for fuel injection systems, so heres the problem. My 96 ranger 2.3 eight plug 5 speed, just up and started working like crap one day. It often starts right up but it studders terriably and wont rev past 2 grand without cutting out and almost dieing. Then sometimes it'll...
  10. 88Turbo

My 1988 v8 Swap

So I traded a 1985 honda 3 wheeler for this relitivly rust free (for this area, they use ALOT of salt on the roads) 88 ford ranger. The truck was already a project that I was going to finsih, but the motor was a 2.3 turbo (hence my name). But after alot of wiring issues and all that bullcrap I...
  11. 88Turbo

1996 Ranger problem

Im having a problem with my ranger and im thinking its just something simple but im not a great problem solver... Its got a 2.3 dual plug 4cyl with a 5 speed. Problem is when I go to start it is really hard starting, cranks a few dosen times before it starts, then it spits and sputters while...
  12. 88Turbo

Quick question

Any body know what a 3 month old Walbro 190 fuel pump would be worth??? Its been used but barely. Also its in my 88 ranger, does anyone know what else it will fit??? Thanks in advance!
  13. 88Turbo

Oil pan question

I heard you need a dual sump oil pan for the average 302 ranger swap. I have a bran new pan but i need the pump.... what cars come with this style of pan??
  14. 88Turbo

Question 302 vs 351

Ok I just got a 302 for the ranger, gonna port the heads and do a pretty basic clean up, all new gaskets and a carb kit. But I wanna build a 351w for it (bore, pistons, cam, 4bbl, etc.) So my question is will the 351 bolt up to my 302 mounts? What problems may I run into? Thanks in advance.
  15. 88Turbo

Got a 302 for the ranger

Traded the old 2.3 turbo for this low milage (43,500 miles) '77 cougar motor. Few quick questions, what oil pan should I use and will this gasket kit fit: http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-gasketkit-302.html Had it down to the block an hour after i came in the garage, just gonna do a nice...
  16. 88Turbo

4cyl T5 to V8??

What has to be done to make my 4 cyl T5 work on a 5.0L?? It was sitting on my turbo motor that I resently pulled out to make room for some real power :headbang:
  17. 88Turbo

T5 question

I had a turbo 2.3 in my 88 ranger, and ive since stripped it out and am going to put a 302 in its place. My question is, do I have to change the input shaft on the T5 off the turbo motor to fit the 5.0L???
  18. 88Turbo

Mazda vs Ranger Question

Will the steering collum, steering wheel and the key/key sensor from a 2000 ford ranger 3.0 v6 work in my 1999 mazda b3000 3.0 v6??? I figure their compltly interchangable but i thought id make sure before i got get it. Thanks.
  19. 88Turbo

302 questions

Ok, ive got a turbo charged ranger, but i cant get the damn thing running right and im sick of it, so the motors coming out. Ive got a rebuilt carbed 302 with an auto tranny sitting under a tarp behind the house with less that 2000km on it. I dont want links, i want personal answers, I need to...
  20. 88Turbo

My new B3000

Payed $300 for it, was beat up, replaced the front bumper, grill and headlight mounting bracket, and got a mint door from a 94 ranger. A little body work and ill be stylin. :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad